It’s been left there for five days.. Five days ago. It’s my conversation with her [the girl is referred as the one from “MY one and a half semester of empty dreams” post, named My].
What a mixed feeling.
After quite a period of time being offline, at last that night she was online and I was chatting with my other female friend.
“A beautiful thing is only to be admired” She said. She always said that to me. The rationale is that according to her, after you’ve got that beautiful thing, your perception of that beauty will slowly diminish and so does your love to it. That is kind of a piece of advice she gave me when she read the previous post. “And as long as you don’t have it, the beauty remains and you’ll admire her beauty forever”.
I was not convinced and I don’t know whether I should accept that piece of advice or be under the mesmerization of My’s beauty. Do I only like her because she’s beautiful?
Why does it hurt only to see her in real life? Every time I see a girl with tied hair, why do I suddenly have her in my mind? Every time I see a Vietnamese fellow, why should I be faced with the realizing that I just can’t forget about her?
Yeah, I still don’t believe it, sorry to say so.. I’d see a lot of girl more beautiful than My herself at school or anywhere else but, My is simply unforgettable, at least it’s to me.
And so there, My was online after sometime and I gave her my favorite “wew” as a starting of our conversation:
“hey”.. she replied..”Long time no see”. It should have been half semester or more since she last saw me because I have not greeted her in person for that long even if I see her because she never noticed me and I always noticed her. So the condition is: I’ve seen her but she has never seen me for that long.
Yeah that’s when I told her “it’s not long time no see.”.. The last time I met her, still as beautiful as usual and It was inside a bus.. I was looking for a seat and I avoided sitting beside her, when I saw that seat was empty. Half of me told me that I should have sat there but half of me told me that it would give me terrible nervousness and pain. “Sometimes I see you”.. I told her.. “I just don’t call you”.. Yea, every time.. I saw her I never greeted her. I just lack the resistance to the pain.
“Really?” ,“That impolite!” She said with that elder sister tone because I’m still the ‘lit bro’ to her.
I still felt uneasy to know that she’s got a boyfriend. That’s the main reason for everything.
And then I saw her display picture: one funny boy probably as old as her. “Your display picture so funny” “your bf boyfriend)?” I asked. “Nope” she says, “It’s my little bro”. And she says the little bro it’s not blood related with her.. Just how many little bro she has? Hahaha..
As curiosity covers my mind, I asked her to show me his boyfriend.
So she started a file sharing with me thru that Yahoo Messenger and sent a picture of her boyfriend.
And as expected, her boyfriend looked just so good, at least on the photo she sent me. I believe no guys only as good as normal appearance can attract her and so it went: the guy, a very handsome one as her boyfriend and just how jealous you can be. I tried to absorb more information on that guy just to sort of “compare standards”:
● He’s 4 years older than her, and I’m just a ‘lit bro’ *damn it!*;
● He’s of course a Vietnamese and was in the same high school with her. TVB told me that some Vietnamese-s prefer to have Vietnamese mate so that they can communicate well. But hey why should I think so far? I like her so much damn it.. I like her..;
● He’s in UK. Probably doing his studies there, and I’m just happened to be in Singapore. But I’m glad, because If I were not, I wouldn’t met her in my life, but again, hey damn it, his boyfriend looks like a top class people seeing from these points;
Of course I feel inferior to her boyfriend. Who am I that makes me think that I deserve a beauty like her?
Damn it…
“Since when you got into relationship” I’m like asking a celebrity.
“Recently”, “3 months ago” “When I got back to Vietnam for vacation: That’s even shorter when I first saw her and started liking her.. Damn it!
Yeah, apparently she’s having a long distance relationship. But he calls her every night. Yeah, every night, from England; that was confirmed from her.
But she expressed her worry, “I’m not sure if it will work; this relationship” she said. As a friend, of course, I told her to be positive. Why would I want to make her unsure, why would I? Why.. I… Shouldn’t I be happy if she’s happy? She’s happy her now isn’t she? But wouldn’t I be happier if…. If only………
So what a weird me, meddling into a person’s love affair and it wouldn’t be fair if she never asked about mine and so she asked..! Damn it! So painful..
“me?”……….”I spent quite some time chasing a girl”….this girl I referred is her, although I never actually chased her, but I like her so much, and I did some stalking right?
“But recently I stopped”.. Recently.. what a good word to use, she used the same vague time indicator. “tell me about her!” she asked.. I wanted to give some indirect message, but telling her about herself would be too obvious.. I hedged.. “Ah nevermind” “I’ve got too many persons that I like”… “I must try to be consistent, lol” a fake ‘lol’ ~ I’ve got so many person I liked and I didn’t like. But out of those, who can instill so much pain without even doing anything; So much pain that I described the story just about her in 7800 words, the longest story telling that I’ve ever done in my life; So much unsatisfaction and I was flown away by my first can of beer in my life; That’s just her. I must admit that it was actually not inconsistent. But I managed to escape from “tell me about her”.
“You are still young” She said. She was only two or three months older than me and I don’t believe she’s in the position to say so. “Is she pretty?”…. “Like an angel” I said.. My favorite description.. I used the same description to depict her on my previous post.
“why stop then?” She asked. Oh, relax.. I’m not that stupid to say “because she’s got a boyfriend recently”. Instead, I told her “because I think I disturb her too much; I’m such a bad guy” ~ another hedging..
“Haizz” ….”Maybe you just tell her”…
“tell her what?”
“tell her you like her”………..”be simple”……..”maybe it works”…… “like my boyfriend” Haha.. Life’s not that easy or is that?
“Big sis, you don’t have to teach me :p” It was hard for me.. I used ‘big sis’ just to cover myself.
“Someday I’ll tell her..” Yeah… Someday I’ll tell her..
She replied “sooner better”.. The sooner the better.. “Because life is not as simple” I sent forth my stand. “to me, it’s simple.. And that’s what her stand was.
Not to foolishly start an argument, I responded a neutral subjective answer “Okay, life’s simple”…. “But my current situation is not”.. Life may be simpler for her because she can live things happily, she’s got an awesome boyfriend and I have feelings for someone who’s got an awesome boyfriend. How simple can that be, or I made myself think that I’m in such a complicated situation? Oh yeah? Why not I simply tell her that I like her and live my life under her rejections? How simple it can be for her to reject me? I can imagine things like “Oh you are just my ‘lit bro’ “ or standard answer “But I’ve got boyfriend” or maybe a total silence she wouldn’t even totally bother about me anymore.. A fully GG-ed situation.. I don’t want that or maybe only until that far is what I deserve from her?
“hahah, don’t worry too much!”… I said to her “I can handle”.. The truth is yes, I can handle indeed.. I can still handle to wait until a chance come and let fate meet us if we are meant to be.. tsk.. what a silly dream.. And until I can’t handle to dream any further.. That day I’ll tell her.. That someday is that day..
“Ok. Good boy..” after reading “I can handle”.
“Wish me luck too” I told her. Should I wish upon a miracle instead?
“Good luck lit bro” She let me down by adding ‘lit bro’ behind. Let’s see the comparison “Good luck” and “Good luck lit bro”… It showed nothing but I’ve got no place in her. I don’t know for real but that’s what I think.. And I’ll wait for that someday to come.. I won’t care of whatever her reactions and responses would be on that day and I’ll just face the fact, and It’s not going to be today or tomorrow.. It would be someday.
And so with that friendly wish of good luck, “Thank you” I continued, and that’s that far for the Instant messaging conversation. That the end of our chat for the week and so the window of that conversation was never closed for five days until I finish writing this post.
So now I close it. And wait for that someday to come.
19 comments:
I've been in ur situations....where my crush has a bf alr...and she asked bout who's my crush n such....sigh....damn sian....
suruh my baca blog lo aj coba nong...indirect msg? hehe :P
"Someday" will come. Just it isn't so soon, but it isn't too far also.
It's perhaps not the right time to declare. Once you declare, what outcome are you looking for?
1)rejected, no more friend and no more even lit bro.
2)rejected, still friends but not as "close" as before.
3)accepted, asking you to wait...
The possibility of no 3 is 0.0001% and if it does happen,then this girl is not worthwhile to get belonged anymore. Because asking you wait meaning she just want a person standing by for her, huh?
According to what my experiences told me, no 2 is most likely to happen. It is not a matter of comparison, boy. Love musn't be in comparison. Her boyfriend might be really higher than you in status/standard but it is not the main thing for her to choose him instead of you. Most Asians are still having this mindset: "First come, first served". If second come, first served, it is an unloyalty for a girl/guy. What you should blame on is you didn't get her belonged before her boyfriend did,though you might know her earlier than he did.
Well, distant love is really hard to maintain. (Eh, don't be mistaken, I'm not cursing her) You may just continue your admiration towards her and you will find "someday" she tells she has "a sad day". But by that time, you actually don't know whether you should blend yourself into her life.
Do you know in China during Ming Dynasty, men liked to mix with prostitutes, leaving their wife at home. They liked to be with the prostitutes because of their intelligence, ability to create and sing poems. But the main point is the men enjoyed the process of "chasing & teasing" the girls, wheares they couldn't have done that to their wife.
The process is always the sweetest, but the outcome doesn't really matter. I think this is what modern people are looking for also. Wanna hide the feelings deep in your heart or turn them all into actions without hoping she will be eventually yours, it all depends on you.
Sorry lar, bother you to read so long a "wew"... =P
WaiYin, why you delete your first comment haha.. I never read your first comment hehe
Thanks for the advice anws..
Well I even never got into the process of "chasing and teasing" with her.. Just plain like her, and we chat like a normal friend but still so much been not able to forget about her.
We'll see how time goes: whether I still won't be able to forget about her and that someday will come or whether time will slowly help me to erase her out of me..
@Adit, Yes, a very common situation indeed. Our crush who's got a boyfriend asking who's our crush.. damn it!
Not something easy to let it be like "Oh, she's got a boyfriend. Relax dude, there are still a lot of girls out there that you can go for". For me this doesn't work, I only go for that electro static spark as mention. And once the spark come, "Yes, I know it.. She's the one" and takes so long to find a correct spark..
Hahahah @ adit again..
Good suggestion, I've ever thought about it before; Or maybe we can put it like this "Someday, I'll show her this blog" Someday...
Well, I think now is just a matter of choice for you, either you want to wait for her, for duno how long, or you want to forget her. But, still I think it's nt wrong to tell her about ur feeling, risking ur relationship. Let her read ur blog lah, hahaha, lol...
let's create a "luimenta@blogspot fans club" on facebook so that the girl can read this blog..ha3..
untuk org2 yg meragukan tulusnya cinta, dengerin sheila on seven donk!
SAAT AKU LANJUT USIA
Saat aku lanjut usia
Saat ragaku terasa tua
Tetaplah kau slalu di sini
Menemani aku bernyanyi
Saat rambutku mulai rontok
Yakinlah ku tetap setia
Memijit pundakmu hingga kau tertidur pulas
Reff:
Genggam tanganku saat tubuhku terasa linu
Kupeluk erat tubuhmu saat dingin menyerangmu
Kita lawan bersama, dingin dan panas dunia
Saat kaki tlah lemah kita saling menopang
Hingga nanti di suatu pagi salah satu dari kita mati
Sampai jumpa di kehidupan yang lain
Saat perutku mulai buncit
Yakinlah ku tetap yang tersexy
Dan tetaplah kau slalu menanti
Nyanyianku di malam hari
wew, gw jg ikutan ah..
TERIMAKASIH BIJAKSANA
percaya apapun yg akan terjadi nanti
kau tetap pesona rahasia di lagu ini
tak peduli berapakah berat badanmu nanti
kau tetap yg ter "mwahhh" dihati
kuakui ku tak hanya hinggap disatu hati
kutakuti ku terlalu liar tuk dimiliki
walau begitu semua hanya persinggahan egoku
dan sikapmu t'lah merobohkan aku
dan waktupun terus berlari
dan akupun s'makin mengerti
apa yg akan kuhadapi
apa yg akan aku cari
Chorus1:
aku tuliskan lagu sederhana
untuk dirimu yg sangat bijaksana
memahamiku dan mencintaiku
apa adanya...
Chorus2:
aku goreskan lirik sederhana
untuk dirimu yg sungguh mempesona
memahamiku dan mencintaiku
apa adanya...Ooo...apa adanya...
pujangga cinta banyak bacot sapa yah
TLO ngikut:
---------
KASIH TAK SAMPAI
Indah, terasa indah
Bila kita terbuai
Dalam alunan cinta
Seakan mungkin menciptakan rasa
Keinginan saling memiliki
Namun bila, itu semua
Dapat terwujud dalam
Satu ikatan cinta
Tak semudah seperti yang pernah terbayang
Menyatukan perasaan kita
Tetaplah menjadi bintang di langit
Agar cinta kita tetap abadi
Biarlah sinarmu tetap
Menyinari alam ini
Agar menjadi saksi cinta kita
Berdua...
------------
Ini teks lagu gw tulis out of memory. Well, mungkin dalam kasus ini bukan 'saksi cinta kita, berdua' tapi tetep aja messagenya sama... Kadang2 yang sekarang indah, belum tentu in the long run bakal bagus. Nonk, take it as an experience. N gw against kasi post ini ke dia. No reason, cuman gut feeling gw aja.
haizz....nong tell u wad...in my case...I told the gurl I like her...then she started to be more nice and caring to me....hehehe....
tell her soon la....so u can pull ur anchor and move to the next island :)
@ditz: u lucky dude...
liat akibatnya..jadi ada yg suka minum macan n bungee jumping tanpa kabel..
nonk ditolak cewe -> minum bir macan
teddy ditolak apa ya kok sampe minum vodka...
lanjut lagu sheila on 7:
terlalu bodoh untuk diriku.. (winong in this case)
menahan beban jutaan rindu..
apalagi menahan egoku.. (ego winong in this case lagi)
Maafkanlah sikapku...
Lupakanlah salahku...
Luapkan kepadaku...
Takkan kubiarkan kau menangis,
Takkan kubiarkan kau terkikis,
terluka perasaan oleh semua ucapanku,
Maafkanlah semua sifat kasarku,
Bukan maksud untuk melukaimu,
Aku hanyalah orang yang penuh rasa cemburu...
Bila kau tak di sampingku..
Ga tau deh, cocok pa ngga buat lo...
Dewa - Cemburu
Ingin kubunuh pacarmu
saat dia cium bibir merahmu
didepan kedua mataku
hatiku terbakar jadinya cantik
aku cemburu
ingin kubunuh pacarmu
saat dia peluk tubuh indahmu
di depan teman-temanku
makan hati jadinya cantik
aku cemburu
mungkin memang nasibku
yang selalu menunggu untuk jadi
yang pertama mungkin
ku katakan kepadanya saja
bahwa aku juga milikmu
bahwa aku juga...u...u...u...u...
bahwa aku juga kekasih hatimu
meskipun aku pacar rahasiamu
meskipun aku selalu yang kedua
tapi aku manusia
yang mudah sakit hatinya
(back to start)
Sometime, we see God sending “something from heaven.” An angle came to rescue God’s servant. The angle appeared along with a “bright light” that cut through the dank darkness of our lonely heart. What a wonderful picture of the divine illumination God can send to dispel our desolation. But, frequently, that is only our imagination. Even after having been awakened, we shall longed to escape from the fetters of the unhappy memory. Keep holding on, that is the way it will be for you and me in faith.
Yo man..
Just a thought..
If you saw a beautiful butterfly,
you would have a thought of keeping it. (well who doesn't? be realistic... live is in this world cannot take a way the word 'greed')
think again.
Will you really keep the beauty eternally?
yes indeed with science nowadays, y not.
but does it mean that you really love the butterfly?
as you can keep it's physical, but it doesn't mean that you are not hurting it.
True love should be giving it freedom to choose whatever it likes and not the way you should give to it.
So let go~~ let it flies in this world. I would say if you really love it, you will be happy to see it flies again, just like angel.
If the butterfly would really love you to, may be it will just keep on flying beside you. So go dance with the angel.
Status.. is it really so important that you are whose who? is it so much more important than watching your who to be happy?
May be.. may be 1 day William.. You will find a butterfly or that particular butterfly that would appreciate you and really like to dance with you :)
Greed may go no further but may induce torture.
you will understand it one day ;)
Post a Comment