Well, Somehow Teddy refer someone as my "brother". I'm sure you know who's that someone is. Sometimes being said things like "oi nong, never dabao any food for your brother ah?"; or "eh u never go and find your brother?"; annoys me.
Being nicknamed as a "sibling" of someone, meaning you have something common between both of you and that someone, and to be compared with such person is the exact thing that is unpleasant. I've been wanting to say this for quite sometime but haven't got the chance to do so, due to distractions like "heroes", work, "la tale", photoshop, CCAs, etc. and same goes to the topics that I've jotted down on my phone just in case if I forgot about the idea hence forgotting what to write.
After I put in some thoughts, there are actually some common things between both of us..
But after I rethink it again, from those common things, different lines can be drawn to distinguish us:
1. Stone-headed: he freaking doesn't want to lose in an argument (esp. abt who's action was wrong in dota), and neither do I. Sometimes, I get to a point where I always feel that I am the irrational one, but I just kept arguing because is fun to try to shut his big mouth up. I think, he thinks that he's always right, though sometimes I think so for myself too, however if it's with someone else, I'll go to the gray area and try to make it a win-win situation.
2. Sloth: He's freaking lazy! And so am I!!!!!! I'm seriously really grateful since at least for university, my parents still can afford the fees (only after Tuition Grant and Fee loan), and although I'm not as hardworking to the extent that that My parents won't be spending any cent on me anymore, I wish I could, but I haven't. But there's this conscious effort in me to want to apply as an RA to relieve on hostel fees, want to apply for for the book grant(financial aid) but my parents didn't want me to apply on those grants. If I were given a scholarship, I would try my best to keep it (mushy hehehe, say only can do or not). Has he?
3. Glutton: Look on how much he can eat and I could eat! Quoted from myself, "who cares about being fat, what matters is I'm enjoying my life. Food is and enjoyment."
Although I'm a glutton, I also still know paiseh when people offer me food, I would pretend to reject it first then accept. I would still consider although it is free, should you keep the principal "free food is not to be wasted". Well, he didn't even control his food until he said,
"hey, do I look slimmer now?"
"Oh yeah, how did you do that?"
"No more money to eat"..
It clear that he didn't even control his expenditure on food shown by a box of ferrero rocher, snacks, regular supper, etc.
This also leads to our fourth similarity/difference:
4. Spendthrift: I was/am very very spendthrift: especially when I lose stupid money for my lost handphone and camera in my first year. Spoilt headsets, etc. I spent a lot on stupid snacks, cooking materials, junk food and whatsoever as well. At least my money is still maintained! I get less than what a scholarship recepient (him) gets you know! He spent all his money on what I also can't get it anymore.
5. Dog: As a guy, of course sometimes, we want to get attention from girls, sometimes we are blinded by their beauty and we promise to do whatever they ask: just like a loyal dog.. I'm also a dog, but only to two kinds of women: my mother and my lover-to-be(or someone I like so much). Not every girls that exist! No matter how cute/nice/pretty the girl is, if I can't help, I'd apologize and reject their request for assistance. I don't do things like take their request and after that throw that responsibility to someone else just because you are not in the condition to do it.
6. Courtesy: I'm a very courteous guy, and he is as well, only to girls.. Too courteous, acting to close (acting as if you are really close a particular person). Me on the other hand, I will act accordingly to how people treat me: if they are nice to me, I'd be nice to them and vice versa. I discriminate, but in a very normal way.. He does in a sexist way and I believe that makes it very annoying to the girls' boyfriends (if they have one), and it also makes the situation awkward if the girl is a confined one. Though his "friendly friendly" thingy to the girls sometimes do make him closer to the girls, but I guess, the girls would see him as "some guy who just want attention and I'm just being friendly".. In my opinion, he has the intention of flirting with everyone
When asking for help from other friends, I think twice before rendering myself dependant, and I don't ask as if any guy would just help me in despite any conditions.
7. Self conscious: I don't waste my time challenging Aldo or Edwin to play 1on1 Dota. What do you waste your time for when the winner's already clear?
He did win once from Edwin (simply of luck) because they were playing random and deathmatch and edwin got into a very disadvantaged situation. If they were to compared by skill, 100 years won't be enough for him to beat Edwin in serious mode. I know my place, I don't need to waste time.
8. Pride: (Dota) Well, self esteem is a good thing to boost your performance. BUT, I don't get big-headed for over a week if I've got an ownage in dota just because I've got an easy hero! Or managed to kill him a few times (seriously who can't?). Well, he would be so full of himself in an ownage or even when he kills you for only 2 or 3 times. Different case from killing Aldo or Edwin, since he's our group's pro, but..
9. Responsibility: same with the "dog" part. I don't give promises that I'll be at a room at ALL TIMES, so that someone can leave his things in that room even when he's abroad for a week. At times where he needed to go somewhere else, he just left the responsibilty to us just like that, trying to persuade us not to leave so that someone could guard the room. We had no choice but to stay.
10. Annoying: Okay probably I was/still am annoying. But I do, again, make conscious effort to introspect myself and I'm open to feedback. That's why please tell me if I lack something intrapersonally. Well....I'm not sure whether he's going to change or not, but let's be positive, so I do hope he does, since the world would be beautiful if everything is peaceful.
Well, it's not a coincidence to have quite some similarities here but still each individual is unique. And the fact is I don't like to be called a brother of his kind. That's why I was a confused why would mike compare himself so much to him and called him his brother..
Now now, please stop calling him my "brother"
9 comments:
hmmm...
why do points 7-9 seem to point to a particular guy? XD
I hope it's a tease =p
mr instru, u shud instantly recognize this 'bro' starting from pnt no. 5. hehe
and nong, lemme tell u some points.
1. dog, although a proper term for describing this guy, is a harsh word. esp. when u use it in a serious blog entry like this one.
2. this also applies for 'fuckuu'. pls dun use this word sooo often in a serious conversation. it's really harsh. as for when the conversation gets serious, i believe u know the time. u're going 20.
3. at least for me, any joke launched to you which relates with certain people is really meant to be a joke. we never meant to be serious (i believe u know this already). and lastly i know we shud start to reduce it every single time u blog them.
thanks and nice entry :)
1. The fact that that word is used to describe is indeed to express how lowly a person can act like. And As I have mentioned, I would only stoop that low only to my mother and my lover. Why do I need to post this if the intensity is not as harsh as the words? Since every guy in my opinion also tries to get every women's attention (in any ways) but not as lowly, there's no point posting it if he's "just like another guy"
2. Dit your problem is you don't make a serious conversation looks like a serious one. Either that or I'm very bad at interpreting whether a person is mad at me or not(but I shouldn't since I should say I'm the most experienced one) just see how I threw mouse, how I got I was banged when playing basket, how someone asked me to remove a photo album because he's mad).
3. There's no point posting it if it is meant as a joke. Everytime I see two faces that I want to slap and you guys say that it's my "gf" my "brother"?
I meant the same thing when I was posting a picture album about someone, he got mad and asked me to remove the album and I did and I apologized. There are lines that can and can't be crossed and I believe this blog shows clearly what kind of line it is
2. well obviously we haven't been into one just yet.
3.so...what are the lines?...that can be crossed? =p
2. So dit, on what assumption that makes you think that I'm gonna use 'fuckuu' in a serious conversation, if we haven't got into any?
3. hahaha. actually I don't mind being called the brother of a someone, it's just that I'm trying to distinguish among me and that someone so that you might think twice if you call me his brother. Well, I don't mind if you don't mind getting stabbed with your guitar on ur an*s hahahaha..
2. actually u have used fuckuu like...in most o the message lines when we chat hahaha. just afraid that u might forget ur own line...
3. haha so sick of this 'puppy' bro of urs eh...
u're so sensitive about him being ur bro, reminding me of our friend who was the opposite =p=p
huh? who's the opposite?
...
Post a Comment