This semester, would be my last semester of becoming an RA.
I'd have to say as the years goes, the enthusiasm inside me, the passion, interest and whatever you call it, of being an RA compared with the excited me when I just became one 2.5 years ago, has diminished so much.
I have to also admit that, the RA team itself played a big role:
before becoming an RA, the bunch of the RAs are very passionate ones, very very much the inspiring people, and the role models.
Freshman William: "YES!! I DEFINITELY WANT TO BE AN RA!! FUCK FREE STAY, I'D DO IT EVEN IF THE PAY IS MINIMAL. GO WILLIAM GO!!!"
Sophomore William: Noob team, all noob (noob as in newbies), but I was excited, we were excited, the team was exciting, they had arguments and I was always the neutral guy. We learnt our lessons, we grew up from small kids to young men, really? did I grow up?
Junior William: My second year as an RA, yes, everything's normal, oh shit, what's with this person? am I going to bear it until I graduate? oh shit, just do the jobs and be done with the semester. Oh, no.....
Well, the mountains has no limits, there are always one higher mountain than another ones if you know what I mean. Though in my senior year, I had to admit that I actually haven't really matured yet. There are a lot of fruitful learning opportunities, and of course useful values that you need to cherish but over the time that value just depreciate.
Not so far away from me, the guy who stays next block is a very good example. Always so supportive of the group, he can bear with one of the nuisances, and he's creative and also passionate. Probably because he just joined for a short while and he has got no other CCAs. But one of the person I admire since he: the things he does are simple, nothing new, ideas that can just come to everyone, but the great effort put in, the way he convince everyone else to does it, his passion, Those are what I'm lacking, are what he possess.
This final semester, at the very least, I'm gonna make it memorable to myself. Although there are certain things or attitude that I like to see from a certain member, well, in life I would say, you meet with such people all the time and how you adapt to them is what makes you a team player who can contribute regardless of the members, is what you are supposed to be. And I that by saying memorable, I shall graduate with the equal amount of passion as I had when I first became an RA.
I might not be able to be as inspiring as those people whom I admired. At the very least, I have to hold some pride of being able to last 3 years with the title Resident Assistant holding the same values: to serve the NUS Community (sounds like some other clubs' motto? hahaha)
Being an RA has thought me a lot of things. I wouldn't be thinking the way I think now, if it's not for the trainings that OSA had us attend, the matured, and graduated senior RAs, meeting new people all the time and having the chance to interact with them, the problems from residents, arguments, bearing with unlikeable beings, prioritizing commitments, fun, teamwork, communications, whatsoever.
I'm glad.
I thank myself for having the desire to becoming RA,
I'm so pretty much grateful from all people who have supported me, giving me feedback, taught and assisted me in this three years.
Yes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment