Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

Catching lightning

was difficult. Yesterday was a stormy night and I was trying to study for the test when few storms and lightnings kept striking but without any rain. I took my camera and tried to catch one or two good pictures.

Lacking any patience, I just used my camera in continuous mode and the fastest my camera could take was around one picture per second or maybe a bit faster, but it was still slow to catch any thunder. After 5-10 pictures I always stopped thinking what a silly stuff I was doing when in that 5-10 pictures everything was the same: pitch black dark sky. "Maybe I should stop" I thought to myself, then I paused and the lightning came.
This happened a few times.

I always think I'm stupid, as I always paused when my instinct said that the lightning was gonna come. But since it was instinct the mind (rational one) doubted my instinct since it was something unclear. "Oh shit, the lightning did came out.. Maybe I should trust my instinct".

In the end I had enough, not being able to take any pict, I used the camera in continuous mode for around 100sth pictures and really, although there were a bit lightning in between, you'd need luck so that the lightning would strike just as you shutter shuts. Otherwise, you need good camera that has better continuous shutter mode, or otherwise you'd need passion to wait till that luck come. None of them were there last night, nor luck, nor good camera, nor good passion, so too bad.. No lightning caught.
I'm also not sure of what is the lesson learnt but I just feel like posting this.. so yeah

3 comments:

adit said...

u need 'no shutter lag'

adit said...

then u can need no faster continuos mode lol

William said...

yeap.. no shutter lag = better camera.

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.