My Boss has been on leave. An unpaid, one-month leave. An absence whose rationale she kept silent from us/me.
I have been admiring my boss big time. Every outing with my ex-university-classmates, I will tell them
- how my boss is our direct 13-years senior from the but with a first-class degree.
- how often she is sought after for advice from Project managers, Quantity Surveyors even if they are more senior (in age and experience) than herself
- how she is the head of department despite being the second youngest in it (the youngest is me of course).
- how she is the heavily being relied on and trusted by the big boss and big big boss
- how I believe she is the most worthy right now in the entire company of replacing the big boss in years to come.
It seemed too good to be true but it's probably just my luck to keep encountering figures relatively prominent. Even if I were to be employed by my current company but if I were to be supervised under other boss, I wouldn't have admired the other boss the same way I admire her.
But back to her unpaid-one-month leave. There has been situation that her work (or rather, it's actually the big boss) has put too much a pressure on her life that it's affecting her little sons. During this leave, for urgent matters she will still come back for couple of hours in a week but that's about it; she's gonna be more of a full-time housewife this month.
Whether or not she is going to be a full-time housewife after this one-month-leave (end of which she is supposed to decide), I still think that she is too much to be compromised for the company (the very same consideration which I think the big bosses had when they asked her to take one month leave, so that she could re-consider). But personally this might be affecting my employment, not probably from the company side but from my own side.
After all I think I'm more loyal to this boss instead of to the company itself. But let's see how it goes.
-----------
WoW so you should be very free this month..?
Probably. But work has been coming without assignments from her, so not really actually. The attachment of work is accumulating and it might really really hinder me to make my leave in the worst case. But then again it might be a good chance for all of us in the company to be over-reliant on her.
At times like this me and my colleague from the same dept can only say, "let's hope for the best"
No comments:
Post a Comment