Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

PC show - fate not so idiot after all

last Thursday to last weekend was PC show. It was probably going to be just another PC show if her (the colleague) handphone didn't go missing on last Monday (or tues).

So Thursday, Seeing the newspaper ads about PC show that I won't normally care so much about, an idea came to me. I asked her whether she would want to look for handphone offers at the upcoming PC show. Totally a legit conversation. I was almost disheartened when she said she was going to make a phone plan with her cousin, but who would have known that she has been eyeing for a camera?

I was kinda trying to convince her by hinting that the crowd would be crazy on weekend, since better deals are normally offered on the Saturday or the Sunday of the PC Show. But she was busy when I approached her on my way to clock out.

the same day, the start of the PC show and I was staying at my auntie's place for the week. it was only 10 minutes away from the office and I wanted to go back early. Bus number 36 came and I impulsively decided to go and see the PC show on my own.  Another idea came to me: I went ahead and collect the brochures for cameras, and external HDD (partially because I was looking for one, and partially because it would look obvious that I have agenda if I just went there for the sake of getting brochures for her). The day ended. I went back and couldn't to meet her on the next day: i.e. the last when she is going to leave the head office and transfer to site office.

In the morning, I had a short chat with her despite being a bit late despite how near it was to the office (=p). I gave all the brochures that I got for cameras and reiterated to her again how crowded it was. She said she might want to go on that day so I was hopeful but crossing fingers at the same time. Of course I didn't forget to mention that I was looking for external HDD too. Near the end of office hours I walk pass thru her desk again and she asked whether I was going or not. Then I mentioned I didn't want to go alone again, in a jokingly manner, but turned out she wanted to go!

I literally had nothing to do since 5.15 (our office hours is only until 5.15) and I waited patiently and excitedly for her to finish her work until around 6.45 (of course I pretended that I have something to do also and asked her to take her time). Just didn't want her to feel bad. So both of us went there, to look for the offers for the camera she wanted to buy, to look for my HDD that I might want to buy. Long story short, we both got our stuffs in like one two hours. Oops, did I mention we skipped dinner?

So both of us pretty hungry after the 'short' search in the crowded Suntec City Convention Centre. We were looking for food and I suggested Raffles City. But on the way we walk passed TCC; she mentioned that her friend recommended that the choc molten cake is good.

What a lucky day when I saw that there is this one for one promotion for pasta. Just nice for both of us yea. I had the salmon pasta and she had this seafood pasta. It was delicious but it wasn't the food that I savored the most. It was the companionship of course.



Well at the dinner she was narrating a lot of her overseas experience to me. Her final year in UK's Nottingham Colllege and her work and travel program at Yellowstone US. Interesting but made me feel kind of belittled because I have never actually been that outgoing or adventurous or whatever you call that. I should have at least tried to apply for exchange or work and travel too :( . Bah.. regrets yield naught.  

The molten chocolate cake came and that marked that end of her companionship was imminent. We ordered only one and kinda share the thing together (yay!) 

So walked her to the MRT and I needed to top up my EZ-link as well even though I'm taking bus. We parted at near the gate of that Esplanade Circle line. That was the last time I'd see before she transfers to site office. Glad to see her goodbye with that bright smile, hopefully she was really enjoying it.

Hopefully I'd see her during the badminton session with other colleagues in which she's a regular.Though it's going to be more troublesome for her to travel all the way to Marine Parade CC to play. :(

1 comment:

parkjungah said...

kyaaa site office <3

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.