[backdated post]
My first relationship lasted from 18 April 2014 to 08 December 2014 = 234 days (about 8 months)
I think it's pretty normal for the feelings to fade during a relationship, but I could have still lived with that. I have decided to initiate the breakup simply because her time is too valuable for me.
She took extra classes three times a week, on top of another coaching two extra classes a week citing that she had recently realized that her time is precious and instead of saving money and time, she should just go carpe diem and take as many classes while she is [relatively] young so she wouldn't regret not doing it when she is old.. Although I gotta admit that I admire her passion, it kinda irks me that she chose to spend more time where we could have more together time in light of her upcoming long holidays to the United States and soon probable Work and Travel in Aussie.
To make it worse, the trip to the US was an impulsive decision, made almost without hesitation. Although the decision was made before we started the relationship, but we were already dating and really close that time. The trip was going to coincide with Christmas and of course, my birthday. When asked about it she sounded like she had forgotten about my birthday, and spending time together during the year-end holidays never really crossed her mind.
Felt lonelier and lonelier that week before the breakup, all the things around me were like falling apart. Yet, I received no consolation or companionship and I just thought to myself long enough to eventually decide that I might as well just go back to being single.
I could understand it easily when she took lots of classes when she was trying to achieve distinction in her Advance 2 exams because that's what my youngest sister is attempting to do too. She had more than 1 class a day in average. It's too bad that she didn't get distinction. It is also perfectly understandable that passing with distinction in Advance 2 is like a milestone in life but another Advance 2 exam will still be another year apart and these recent additional classes she took was for her personal leisure purposes, without any concrete goals in near future whatsoever.
"Even if I am at my old age, I will also keep dancing and take these classes"
Or something like that from my recollection, she said, trying to justify taking these classes.
So, on top of all that, I am actually amused when she said that she had 'sacrificed a lot of time' for us. When it is dancing time (5 times a week) is something she willingly spent but when if it's together time (left with once or twice a week), it's something she that 'sacrificed', something which is 'a lot'.
And should I expect the same shit even when she's old?
I know I may be selfish. Or I may be hard to please. But even the lady friend that I went out for a couple of friendly dates with before I dated my exseriously was much more caring, although just as a friend, than her, as a my (ex)-girlfriend. May be I have unwittingly taken that lady friend for granted now that I felt that the same has be done onto me.
It has been a journey, not too short to forget, not too long to learn a lot about relationships. She was not willing to make her compromises and I'm not the type to suck up to this type of people. So since I saw no future I'd be willing to spend with her, I decided that we break up.
No comments:
Post a Comment