Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Platonic Soulmate

After my break up, I was just deciding to fill in my spare time to play LINE GET RICH (similar to Monopoly) in my phone and somehow it kicked-start a conversation with a female friend.
So we chatted for quite a while and I disclosed to her that I already broke-up. I didn’t disclose to a lot of people that time. I’ve always liked her because she’s so friendly and easy to connect with, and I like her as a good friend.

Initially, there was this tiny weeny hope wishing that she may be interested in me and maybe we can go out and chat and see if it will lead to a fruitful relationship. I know that sounds quite desperate indeed and it’s probably because of post-breaking-up syndrome. Also it could be because we could connect really well as if she’s my long-lost soulmate: like we never really have to come up with any topic to talk about and we that can joke around pretty effortlessly.

 I felt some slight disappointment when I knew that she recently got into a relationship, probably around the same time I broke up. But at the same time I felt really happy for her too, much more of happy than disappointed because I don’t have any real affection towards her and that she is still a really good friend for me.

From 3 of her latest facebook timeline posts that time, I could even easily deduce the name of the guy whom she was going out with and from thereon we chatted even more about her relationship and I think I showed a lot of support for her. I want her relationship to work out as much as she herself.
We also share the same sentiment whenever my ex- pops up and actively participate in a group whatsapp chat which the soulmate is also a member of, or she will update me whenever my ex- posts something on facebook whose update I no longer follow.

I’m not sure what the purpose of this post is, other than to share that it feels good to have someone to cheer on you and similarly cheer on that someone too. Love or affection does not have to be in the equation even though we are of the opposite genders.


For some reason the other people in the group that we belong to, do not know that we share this somewhat secretive friendship. But let’s keep it this way. It’s perfect the way it is. 

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.