Okay first of all,
knowing that we've got a habit to be a collective community, we tend to ask "Who else is joining?".
It's really alright to flock among the same feathers, really.. it's just natural.
I know some of you've been asking me whether I'm joining the CBLC Chalet or not, and same here, I kinda have asked "da gang" whether they are joining as well.
Of course to end this vicious cycle, someone has to stand up and motivate the others by taking initiative to confirm his/her attendance so that s/he will assure the others to join too!
At first, I was a bit unsure whether I should join or not. Knowing the fact that I've spent my 10 day leave, and that to attend a chalet I would have to apply for leave again. Well, so it's kinda troublesome if i were to attend such things, legally.
After some considerations, I decided to just try to leave illegally, i.e. without leave. But thinking about the ichiban (most) kiasu RA in RA history, who's apparently in my Residence, I think I'd better not do so! Or, rather, why should I be afraid, I'm daaa senior here!!
Ah, yeah, So I thought I would just talk it out later, in case any other RAs found out, I'll just argue it out that it was not my duty on the friday and Alice had agreed to cover me for Saturday.
Bearing this in mind, I confirmed my attendance with Jessie.
Tsk...
Just when the day has come, a fine bright day after the midterm that I had this morning and after having lunch with Adit, who skipped work today, and Teddy who was having the midterm with me, We decided to go to Central Forum to look around. Adit said that we would better go from the 3rd floor of techno edge towards the computer centre site, then towards the central forum.
"Dit, if we go from level one, it's consumes less energy, let's just go down then after that head towards to central forum.. Don't need to climb a slope then go down the slope to reach the destination.."
Adit stopped for a second realizing the truth and then he mentioned that he was actually talking about "if we were to take A2 bus, it's better that we just follow that way..". Yeah, probably realized that he was a bit mistaken and that was the excuse he came up with =p
Anyways, somehow, we took Adit's recommended way instead. Chatted for awhile but i think i was carried away by my thoughts. I probably was thinking about how expulsive I am back there at the Midterm test in the lecture room. Well, it was just that she, you know who, intentionally avoided me when I walked to the front part of the room to sit beside her (because there were no more space) although still one walkway apart. So, my thought was drifting away coming out with assumptions and hypotheses like "was it me who's really expulsive?" "Am I just like the freak to her?" "I don't even stalk her, or chat with her even online or in real life anymore" "Or was it her who just wanted to avoid me?" "Does she know that I like her?" "Should I just keep pretending to ignore her?" etc. etc.
I was feeling kinda funny when I decided to take the grassy sloping hill while holding the rail of the staircase towards computer centre while Adit and Teddy was taking the staircase.
Then we continued to walk and we were just few metres away from the zebra cross to central forum and I just wanted to walk at the grass part beside the road. The grass looked like it had grown on a flat platform, until the "Crack!" sound made me feel extreme pain on my left ankle.
"SHIT!!!"
Consumed by pain for few moments I stoop and let myself be on the ground so that my ankle didn't need to support me. I could hear Adit laughing (at first, not sure whether teddy followed) but I wasn't exactly looking and it felt hard to breathe and talk properly, but in then Adit stopped when he realized that it wasn't just slip and losing balance.
Adit took my bag and we took the bus to YIH hoping the University Health and Wellness centre would be open. It wasn't open, and when my ankle felt a bit better when I could already walk properly and when SK was already waiting for me to go to the police station together (refer to last post), we just decided to go back to PGP.
Well, actually I met mike who was having HR project meeting and when the meeting finished (when we were about to leave, he offered to massage my ankle but I rejected since I thought I was feeling better already)
From the slipping point onwards, I always blamed adit for not following my going to techno level one and going the easy way to central forum. I always know that it's not reasonable, but I just kept doing so since it irritates Adit, hahaha.
I got back, took 3 packs of wrapping band from the first aid box from the cupboard in the lounge and wrapped my own ankle. It just felt safer that way. So walking with a bit limping manner now because the pain was felt abit after my knee was wrapped, I went to the Clementi Police Station to give my statement as a witness as instructed. When I was about to got back the pain grew and I was really limping and it's quite painful to walk the normal way.
I got back to my room, Sk left and I took a bucket from my room, filled it with as many icecubes that I could found in the freezer in my cluster and filled it with water. I soaked my foot (ankle) part to the ice water (this is supposed to be the first aid but as you can tell from the sequence, it's not really first aid anymore since it's already few hours after the "Crack!") and then after few minutes then threw the cold water away and change it to warm water from the shower (which is said to help the blood circulation). Then I looked for tiger balm and do massage on my own painful ankle. A bit scary, since it's like swelling and I can feel my own muscles and veins and have to apply pressure which caused pain but it kinda felt good when it's aching with applied pressure. few minutes of massage then after that I re-wrapped my ankle.
Now now, I think I've told my story to detailed and it's kinda moving away from the topic. During the Hot water cold water and massaging my own ankle part, Hans was actually instant-messaging me via MSN. Asking wheter I've packed my things and such.
After those treatments to my ankle and not feeling any better, I told Hans that I'm not gonna be joining the Chalet anymore. Told dank the same thing via sms also.
With this kind of ankle, even walking to the restroom was already so painful, I'd better not force myself to walk to the busstop or even dream to go to the chalet anymore.
I felt bad because when I told this to Hans, he became reluctant to join in the chalet as well. So he told me that He was going Vivo City instead. And Reva also became reluctant (but i think it's because Reva's always relunctant in this kind of things) to join.
I packed my bag since I had to go canteen to eat (I could have cooked but as far as canteen should be okay for me to walk) and I wanted to go to R2 but I didn't want to go back again to my room just to take my laptop and stuffs (which I normally do). Then hung out there for few hours with sitting and dota. Just few troublesome walking to the toilet when I felt like going.
Well, anyways, to cut the long story (a bit) short, I just want to apologize in being so careless which made me unable to participate in the outing/chalet, and in being so unsure in confirming my attendance. Also sorry for the inconsistency (I confirmed my attendance but never came for any of the activities, not even night cycling).
If you would ask, the ankle is improving now, at least not painful to walk but still painful to do some extreme position like tiptoe, and the swelling hasn't completely gone.
Can come and see me for the proof.
Tsk, but I just don't like going to doctors since I'll just assume that this is like the sprained ankle like when you play basket ball and your ankle goes perpendicular with your leg for very brief moment and then you got the swelling for the whole week.
I just hope that it recover soon
Sorry again for any inconvenience caused and sorry for the late post!
No comments:
Post a Comment