Pages

Friday, June 04, 2010

I always hate it when people give me a phone call out the blue just to ask for help.
They don't call to ask for a dinner, or even just a chat, but they call either to borrow things which I might need to use on my own (Like my camera) or ask me about administrative stuffs which I have less or no knowledge about when they could have asked the right party.

Camera is like a very personal thing nowadays, and I might not know when I'm gonna need it, but I pretty much need it most of the time. Just look at my facebook profile and the photo albums: I have more than 100 photo albums and it could have been more since I've filtered only the good ones to upload, and I only organize albums per occasions.
I can't just lend the camera anymore just to find when I need it, it's with my friend who does not own a camera. That's why it's so easy to lose my camera (lost it twice), whenever there's an outing, where I am in, there goes my camera with me. With the lightheaded absentminded me, there you go S$1k for two of those camera. But yeah, the point was not in the loss but in the frequency that I need it.

If you don't want to miss moments in your life, get your own personal camera. I'm pretty broke but I treasure all these moments so I bought myself a semi-pro camera so I can't complain if the camera's quality's bad. Mike's even gotten himself a new cam, why can't you rich people?

There are exceptions though, like one day a friend of a friend came here for tourism purposes, wanted to take pictures and he's got no camera. I don't know him, but my friend said he needed it only for half a day so I lent him.  He even got me a cake as a token of gratitude, these nice people can be exception. For for more than 2-3 days, I will only be more reluctant to lend it.

Administrative matters: I'm an RA (going to step down ;p) not an officer from the management office. Whether you have to pay for your hostel fees, whether you are entitled a stay or not is not within my knowledge nor authority. How come someone can just come and ask me to talk to persuade the management to let them stay, just because he/she knows me more personally than the management office people. I can direct you to the management office, like what I will always do, then you settle your things there. Sorry can't be of much help. 

You call me to borrow board games, or complain about your neighbors, I can help. You call me to borrow CANDLES??? (why the hell do you think RAs will have candles?) ask me to give you a room, because you don't have enough CCA points??? I can't help. 
By right, I'm not even supposed to open up cluster gates and let you all celebrate birthday surprise parties. But rules are made for a purpose and as long as you don't violate the purpose, everything will be alright.

This post is really messed up in organization but I just feel like complaining so there it is haha.

Well actually all these have exceptions. Unless you are my eyecandy or can ask very nicely or a close friend and your request is within my power, you can forget about these exceptions

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.