Teddy once said,
We didn't even bother to visit those people who stayed in RVR, although we were still staying in NUS premises, so what about after we are living far from each other?
I also remember once Mike said
In the future, after I'm married I will ask my wife to befriend yours (ours) so all of us can have reason to gather afterwards.
Bearing those in my mind always, I made effort to visit those who stayed probably 20-25 minute of walk away from my place, yes although it's quite near but if you don't bother to visit them and if they bear the same mindset we won't be visiting each other. I too, have at least gone to those whose place is at bukit timah which is not so far away either who appeared to be the ex-RVR group (or better known as the supper club people). Sometimes I also pay a visit to the friends who are still at NUS.
Again, bearing the same statements, yesterday for the sake of catching up or whatever you call it, I organized a supper outing. The attendance was not the best but that's the least of effort that we could have done in order to maintain a good relation.
For me, I've decided that it's quality over quantity. It's sad for me to see, that some people are much more excited to see freshmen rather than their friends yesterday.
It's also rather disappointing to also see that those words that I bear in mind speaks louder than the actions of their speakers themselves.
I can't say much more thing, friendship fades and it is natural, and if we don't want that to happen, it's up to us.
5 comments:
sialan disindir!
sapa ini?
Sorry I can't come.. I really want to but my choir friend stayed over that night.. =(
yah mau gmn nong..namanya jg freshmen gt loh. barang baru selalu lbh menarik dr barang lama lah.
anyway...for me if we want to keep up the friendship, constant gathering and common interest r important. Otherwise work, new friends, gf/bf, and hobby will keep us pre-occupied instead.
oh yes, constant gathering. It seems like it's been only me who kept organizing things for us batch 06.
I don't expect full or good attendance since some of us are already working, some of us have their soulmates, etc. some people prefer to hang out with freshmen: fine, it's your choice, I am not supposed to have a say.
I shall, to my best interest but depending on my mood, keep organizing things to hang out with most of you. Please do reply even if you are not attending, that's the least you all can do.
@Chris: don't worry, no probs. The supper yesterday was mainly for the old men to catch up haha..
Post a Comment