"Beggars can't be choosers?"
I know I am in deep-shit-need of money and job to pay my tuition fee loan, rent and to eat. But I refuse to fall out of that. My choice of my career path shall not be based on the job offers which were given to me, but will be on the offers which not only were given to me but also which I want to be given to me.
It actually sucks to reject a job offer, or two.
This time the first job offer that I rejected is because I am betting on the other three interviews with pending results. It's all about the risk: it can be a better job, it can be worse job, or it can be no job at all and then I will be all back to square one again. After the considerations, If you refer to previous post, I realized that I like the second company better and I would be really glad if I were to be admitted there. There is no guarantee that I will be accepted into there but it is what taking risk is all about.
The second job offer that I rejected was a recommendation from my previous advisor. I might not be interested in this career path, it is as simple as that.
Quoted from Confucius"choose a job you like and you will never have to work a day in your life". and I believe that there are so many similar quotes.
On this, it is of course all common sense that we should look for a job we like. I do agree that we might not find a job as fun as we thought it was gonna be, and a job that we do not like might not be that bad. But, probably Confucius is not entirely right? Whether you have to choose the job that you think that is going to be enjoyable or whether it is actually up to you to try to have a positive thinking and enjoy whatever job you are given?
Since we might not simply find out that the job's gonna be fun or not from the description of the job, neither do I know what I really really want with limited job opportunities due to my qualification, nor am I sure that I will be able to live up to that positive thinking to enjoy the job despite the whatever nature it is going to be; several factors that affect me on choosing the offers will be: The prospects for future career growth, the experience to be expected, remuneration, overseas placement opportunities and the office environment.
Now it's come to the stage where I will wait for the interview results, and keep looking for more jobs just in case if I am not to be awarded with the job.
Wish me luck people.
No comments:
Post a Comment