So far, work has been pretty tiring, abstaining from facebook, MSN and other social media at all time via the computer (well, only sometimes with phone) is one thing, it doesn't matter that much anymore but needing to go through few years worth of correspondences is tedious and energy consuming.
I don't want to complain, instead, I would like to admire my supervisors or my other colleagues who are praiseworthy, probably. I always wonder, how they heck can they just stay late at the office everyday. This week, I went back at 8.40pm on Monday, around 7pm on Tues, 7.40pm yesterday and 9.30pm and for goodness' sake the office hour is until 5.15pm, only.
It's crazy since there's no overtime pay, and I am not the last person to leave, in fact the office can be considered still quite packed, probably around 50% of the people remaining! Whatever passion, sense of satisfaction for completed jobs, or kiasu-ism (for job security) or deadlines there might be, their endurance is to be adored.
This is probably a good thing in the society: this referring to these people working their arses off to earn money by making sure that things get done by refraining to go back before they finish their targeted part of the day. Setting their social problems aside such as growing distance with people close to them, these people are like Batmen: nameless but impactful.
I would like to pay respect to that hardworking attitude. I would like to work hard, but I wouldn't want to waste my life by working hard. But right now, since it's a need rather than a flexible choice, let me just earn money and pay my loans off first, we'll think about the path again later : (
how is your career for you?
2 comments:
those people who working their asses off even w/o pay...for me it means that they love their job lor...which also means that could be the career path that they want.
I dun wanna work w/o pay though...unless for some special circumstances.
no adit, I have introduced a few numbers of reasonings for the condition *Whatever passion, sense of satisfaction for completed jobs, or kiasu-ism (for job security) or deadlines there might be, their endurance is to be adored.*, passion was albeit indeed one of them as mentioned, I am pretty sure there's much more to other reasons.
Post a Comment