Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

My stocks vs my work and my hobby

I started to play stocks around two months ago.
Only when I get a hold of how is the procedure like; How long is the Contra date *in Singapore*, how to place a buy or sell order with cash upfront, etc, my goddess of fortune (or lady luck =p )does not seem to be anywhere in my sight.
I keep making bad choices, Sometimes, uninformed, unwise decisions but most of the time, unlucky, unexpected conditions that do not favor the stocks that I always hold. I always have to sell before the price actually rises because I need to sell it within the contra limit. I don't actually have money to play with the number of shares I could play with by means of contra.
In the end, driven blind by greed, I lose much much more than how much profit I'd imagine to make realistically.

Around a month or two ago I also started to collect anime figurines. It costs quite a deal so I figured out if I could earn a little bit of extra pocket money I can spend it on this new hobby. Turns out this hobby is addictive and I could hardly resist all those tiny useless but cut display items, despite my losses in stocks. Although I'm not generating any extra income, I keep mindless spending on all these stuffs.

I have been working for close to 8 months now, and it does not pay especially good. I hate to talk about pay nowadays because most of my friends are paid better than me now, (especially some with their new jobs). I love my current job and I hold a great admiration and reverence to my direct (not the big, neither the ultimate boss) boss to the point that I always talk about her when all of us are talking about work. I thought, maybe I could find a better paying job if I decide to apply to for new jobs. But this job scope and boss is getting too much of a risk to be compromised even I were to get a better paying job.
I started playing stocks so that I could be distracted away from my barely-enough pay. Although I will be distracted to my stock watchlists for few minutes daily (or hourly) during my job. But I will gladly stay there if I could earn that extra money from stocks.

Right now I'm still not willing to look for a better paying job just yet. So probably the best decision is to quit touching all these equities regardless how much I really want to just at least break even all my previous loses (which in turn contributes to my lose even more). Question is, I am ready to quit?

7 comments:

parkjungah said...

stocks are not that volatile.. cm 3days contra..ga mungkin naik 50percent 3hari,paling2 nungguin market crash?hahaha..

warrants2..hedge2..gold2

William said...

Contra is 5 days in Singapore.

Stocks are volatile enough from the fact that I lose quite a lot of money, it means that I could have gain that much too.

reqz said...

mutual fund ato gold aja gtu gmn?

Aditya said...

If you are happy for your current job, do not quit for money esp. if you are not even a year in your job. When the time comes though, you gotta have the enough courage to come out from your comfort zone to step on higher peaks.

parkjungah said...

loe ga itung fees,charges, etc?

William said...

Of course I do =_=
I noob also not that noob, K.
I have done at least 40 transactions and only transaction cost alone has costed me ard 1.2k.. havent count loss

parkjungah said...

havent count profit jg..hehehe..

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.