Pages

Monday, March 09, 2009

Winong

Well, I just realized a very interesting thing about myself yesterday.
You all probably know that I have a nickname, and yes, address me as that nickname.

For you who haven't known it yet, yeah, just sharing about the history of the nick: Winong.
I just can't forget the first time I was called winong, by Thomas' brother, at the walkway to the toilet, at level 5 of my old secondary school, in my first year of secondary school in Medan. Reason?
Because Thomas' brother had another friend also named William, called "ah liam" and it's very akward to address a William as "ah wi". So out of randomness from nowhere

"Winong" he called me
Thinking for a very brief moment, there's no wilson, windy, wiki, winsor, or any name with Wi pre-fix, the nick was probably targeted to me, then I replied him
"yes?"

From that day onwards, probably in my school, I'm better known as Winong, to those that knew me. Sumitro always mentioned though that he heard my name not as winong but as william, the Chemistry Olympiad participants ah, got 2 Williams, the Smart William and not so smart William (me). I wasn't aware that I was that famous for a contribution and achievement of very near to nothing (in fact now all of my chemistry, maths and physics have vanished long ago). Anyways, even during the school based training sessions, I was addressed as winong sometimes from the teacher.

Some nicks that I had which is relation to Winong:
"Nong" (No more "wi" pre-fix!!!)
"Banong" (Ba means numb in hokkien, but i can mean something like log headed, or very akward in life)
"ah nong" (now to think about it, my previous classmates call me with this ah nong? or have you all called me ah nong before?)
"Nonong" (just to make it sounds nice i think)
"yandao nong" (of course this nick is fictional and never existed)
here sometimes reqz use "nononkie" which is not so bad.
People also call me "nongdut" sometimes. Dut is from gendut which means fat

Well, just a piece of info but my parents, esp. my mom, don't like that if I'm called that way. They are the superstitious type and they believe that changing what you are called with can change your luck. Well for me, as long as people can remember me with that name, why not?
My name is too common anyways.

However, only yesterday or 2 days ago, I realized that "nong" is sooooo niceeee to be pronounced. I've never called myself with my nickname, so until now, I've never noticed that why my peers keep calling me with such name. again and again, even after "discouraged" by my mother. Which got me another nick "anak mami" (mommy's child, meaning you are a spoiled brat, too spoiled by your mom).

So yesterday, or 2 days ago, I was trying to say sth with "dong"(not that, but it's a kind of suffix used to re-confirming fact, "jadi x=2 dong?" means "so x=2 eh?" and/or asking for a request "jangan gitu dong!" means "please don't be like that."
But tounge twisted and I said "nong" instead of "dong" and realized it,
"eh how come so nice to pronounce "nong" ?"
"nong" "nong" "nong"... pFfff.. it's so nice to pronouce nong, no wonder I'm still called winong.

So yeah, okay lah, for comfort and ease's sake, you can stick to nong, but for a change maybe you can call me with my suggestion that I mentioned by adding yandao in front of nong
hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahaahahahahahah

6 comments:

The Lame One said...

yandao nong? YAR RITEEEEE....

Aditya said...

yandao noong

reqz said...

nononkie!

instrumentaList said...

yandao = ?
googled but found nothing.

Anonymous said...

...which means that u've got to move from web-googling to peer-googling :)

Anastasia said...

Nong Nong. Hoho.

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.