Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Umbrella

And this is not about song from Rihanna

Yesterday was a lovely weather, sweet and light rain after several weeks of scorching and irritating hot days, I woke up early on my free day for a meeting.
I went there without shower since I was quite late, but washed my face and brushed my teeth as basic hygiene, took my books, cap and even umbrella and jacket so that I won't be wet and feeling cold because of the rain.

I took the bus, smsed my project mates saying that I would be late and on the way I inside the bus, I ponder on rain: How lovely it would be if on my way walking towards the same faculty, I'd see her not sheltered under anything, and me carrying umbrella would just stop in front of her, ask her whether she'd hold my umbrella but without any suspicion just like "Hi, I'm sorry can you hold my umbrella for a moment", then I'd just ran away from her. How mushy and cool if that were gonna happen, as I thought along the way.

I was late, around 20 minutes, but only one of my project mates were there. I waited for 10 minutes after another 2 persons came and we started our discussion. The meeting was supposed to be at 9am but they have class at 10am so it was a fairly short one and then after that I was thinking of going back to have a shower before my next class (a replacement tutorial).

On my way back, at the usual long path from SDE, I was carrying my umbrella since it was still raining, I saw a vague figure that looked so damn familiar. I was just trying to deny that view, thinking that it was probably someone else, but the black tank-top with those familiar looking tomboyish pants and tied hair...
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
"Can't be her"
But it was her,
drenched in the rain, without her glasses so I can't guess that she notices me or not, but all the while she was looking at the floor, listening to her own music, smiling. She just kept walking as if I was not there, even if I was there, it was as if I'm another stranger (even though, I am indeed just as good as stranger for her). My hand kept holding my umbrella, my feet kept walking but I tried to keep looking at her, waiting for her to at least raise up her head so that I could at least smile at her. But she just kept walking, and I just kept walking pass her as well.

Why the hell am I so, as teddy said, timid?

2 comments:

siAdit said...

Yeah that how she looked yesterday. except that u missed the grey sweater and black-framed glasses.

William said...

yeap, she wasn't wearing the grey sweater and the black-frame glass

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.