Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

the turning point - cont'd 2

Things does not always come out that you'd expect it to be and we all know that.

I took the risk to bet and wait for the result from the company I like, but I didn't get it.

However, I don't feel extremely disappointed or sad because I knew the chances were thin: it is a big company, I was fucking late for the interview, and I was nervous during the interview although it was my 5th interview! wtf (5th nervousness came after 4 interviews, something is wrong with me).

I realized however, I didn't really know what I want in a job, or even to the basic: what I want for a job and that is very crucial to secure one for yourself. There is no leisure in holding offers until you can get a better one, so what you can do for a better offer is reject and wait for a better one.

I can't say I didn't regret that I rejected two job offers. But yeah, sulking creates nothing. What's done is done, what happened has happened.

I gotta be positive thinking

This simply means, my choices are now open again. Now job search continues

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wah nong..u reject two job offers? but yeah. I amazed u that u didn't just simply accept the offer coz u wanted to get job, but to get the one u like. i should learn from u for this point.

For interview, just be confident with ur self, and practice practice and practice. Practice makes perfect.

Aditya said...

try to consult thomas for job interview advice.

William said...

really dit? consult thomas for interview advice?
I rejected 2 offers (got them in first trials) and till now went through at least 10 interviews.

it's because I don't really know what I want that I don't get proper results. They asked me how do you see yourself in 3 years time and if I don't say as a manager in the position I applied for I won't get the job and if I said that I'd be lying.

it's natural if I don't get the job because I failed to show them I want the job, because I don't really want the job. I am surprised myself that I still get several 2nd interviews or that I still bothered to go to the interview though I don't want the job.

The company that I liked and didn't get in, is an unfortunate event.

Aditya said...

Looks like you're being idealistic. You aim for the most suitable company for your first job. That's good. But impractical.

Have I said that my current job is not the one I really wanted?

William said...

It's about what advancement options in your career if you choose certain path. sth like: You can't just change your career path to be a senior engineer even after 10 years of working experience if that 10 years was in banking or sales. sth like that

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.