I have a friend, Indonesian first year, Probably from my description you will know who he is.
He's got a laptop with a web cam and almost every night, his parents will call him so that they can chat with him online via instant messaging.
And of course as a university student, being already matured enough, he felt that this action is annoying especially when he's with the others playing winning eleven. He would say, "Ahhhh!! Damn irritating!! Keep asking me to chat with them!"
Or "Ahh, I told them already I'm using the newest beta version of Windows Live Messenger and the webcam calling doesn't work"
I thought it was normal for him to react in such way.
However, probably every time his parents or brother called him from Indo, there has never been any sweet tone. It has always been an annoyed tone.
"No, I'm in PGP muh (Mama), I am studying with my friend!!"
Well, sometimes we forget that these kepoh-ness(state of being busybody) from our parents is merely a result from caring and being anxious for their own children. Some parents overdo it where it annoys his children like in this case but I'm sure behind it, it's the loving and caring.
My father told me an analogy/a short simple, very easily understood story:
Once upon a time there's this family where the son got angry and argued with his parents. After some state he felt that he had enough of the family and ran away from his home.
Alone, cold and hungry after awhile, being not able to feel the warmth provided by a family, a kind stranger saw him, asked him what happened and offer him a bowl of noodle. Thus, feeling so grateful the boy felt that he couldn't thank the stranger enough.
"Thank you so much sir! I'm really really thankful for your noodle, you are so kind, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!"
The stranger then said, "Why are you thanking me son?"
"Why am I thanking you? Because I'm grateful that you have offered me a bowl of noodle to let me live for a bit longer."
The stranger replied, "then aren't you stupid? I only gave you a bowl of noodle but you thanked me so much already. Look at yourself, how many meals had your parents fed you until you can grow up till this big? Aren't you missing to really thank someones here?"
Okay, then rest of the story you can make it yourselves..
Hopefully my friend can appreciate his parents more.
6 comments:
Indo 1st year?
is he a faithful reader of ur blog?
dun think he's frm medan...
I think he is HIM...but I cud be wrong...
bloon loe nong??
he cud oso be the one that has one single difference from the rest of US.
Im seriously eager at guessing ^^;
i think he's that guy
from ur last 2 blogs.. seems like u're missing home. just go back.. i'll help you do your RA duties.
ah.
ga jd d, udah ga ad susan XD
my guess missed....a bit tho...
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Post a Comment