Pages

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

a note from a fanatic:

Well, as some of you might have known, although, not so much of a suikoden series fanatic, I'm definitely a Suikoden 2 fanatic. Basically the first product: i.e. Suikoden 1 was quite much an adoption from one of the four great classical chinese novel: Shui hu zhuan; Though personally I must admit in my subjective PoV, shuihuzhuan is not as famous as Journey to the West or Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Well anyways, the game later developed into a series or it might have been planned to be created as series. The Main products for this series: Gensosuikoden 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, happen in the same world but in different timings. They have the kind of Suikoden world and Suikoden timing especially designed just for this game and how exciting to know that there are connections in betweens the series, just the thing for a fanatic.

I got to know this game few years ago, probably during my late primary period, from my teenage cousin who was playing the game. He kinda left the game after finishing it and then out of curiosity, I took the game and played it in my old good PSX. Wasn't as much as interest I had compared with today, due to my blurrrrrriness last time, as I only took that something to finish.
Suikoden 2, yeah, probably my first RPG game. I tried a lot of other RPG games such as Grandia, Digimon World, Legend of Dragoon, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy 9, Chrono Cross, etc. but later on when I looked for another game and found back my Suikoden 2 after sometime, I played it again. I started to like it more and more and began to finish it more than once.

Here now at university, Suikoden 2 has officially become my fave game ever. Only Suikoden 2 because probably that's the masterpiece from the Suikoden series despite its still 2-D gameplay.
There are a lot of secrets which you may not find at all unless you read the walkthrough or which you may choose to find by virtue of luck and hardwork (w/o walkthrough).
After few times repeating the game and finishing it and after being accompanied by gameFAQ, at last I obtained the best ending from Suikoden 2 and i think now that I've got what I've been wanting when I first repeated the game, now I shall stop repeating the game.

Why is it the best? See Konami released three other games based on Suikoden 2, probably since because it has the best story and Konami needs the other games to tell about the side stories of Suikoden 2. And yes, those side games are only released in Japan, in Japanese.. Probably one of my reasons in taking Japanese.

To continue to be a Suikoden Fanatic, since I've finished Suikoden 1 and 2, now it's time for 3, 4, 5.. Hopefully can finish by next semester, probably after the 3 month holiday. hahahahahahhaha

1 comment:

instrumentaList said...

wew...
it's unusual for u not to blog for 1 week plus, isn't it..?

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.