Partially, there's always this part of me who wants to help out and be one of whatever helper? committee member? performer (although impossible)? or yeah, just basically being one of the people who were up there after the curtain call; being mentioned of as one of the credits even if just as a group of people; and letting the crowd know that you were one of the organizers of that performance.
Very exciting isn't it? Especially when the curtains closed, separating you from the crowd, and you, who couldn't wait to burst into joy, you would just start to cheer out loud with your team when the gap of both ends of the cloth were united? Keep talking about it, for hours or even days before the thing started and after it ended? Getting to have a common thing, a shared goal with your friends, or even getting to know new people with great talents?
Isn't it a very exciting experience?
I wasn't part of it, by choice.
-
But yeah,
I heard from a hearsay, this is a quote from one of those invited to give comments and feedback before the performance itself: "A performance is complex, it's easier for those who just watch to find mistakes of it, rather than the performers and the organizer; and rather than to see good things out of it. Therefore, a performance, to qualify as a performance needs to be perfect."
-
Turned out, I was attending both session of this year's NUANSA, i didn't think that it was as bad, but I've heard of people not really giving a very pleasant comment.
But no matter what, the show was over, again, I wasn't part of it by choice: just look at how unprofessional some members are, in terms of organization in preparation, how much stress that was to be incurred if you were part of the team, having to do last minute preparation that caused imperfections (in fact too many of those), comrades having to talk against one another, complaining about each other. With all of my current burden, even if there's a tiny will of mine that pretty much desire to make a difference, I felt that the scale was to big and probably, I was better of putting out that fire of will and watch the whole drama (as in from preparation to the end) as a mere spectator.
I would at least commend that at least the show is now over and it was
all
No comments:
Post a Comment