While the second day of cyberia is kinda training and training. There was supposed to be a game session in between of the trainings, but in the end the game session was cancelled and the participants were asked to do self-practices for their competition on the next day.
At night, we had barbeque session and yeah, the bidding for the food was tricky. In the end we spent our points on chicken chipolatta-->? and butter. My group was so creative that after they saw the aluminium foil, they came out with the idea of baked rice. So we were given rice to be accompanied by the stuffs given for barbeque but when there were some spare rice, they pasted some butter on the rice, add some more satay sauce and then wrapped it with the foil. I can't say that it's extremely nice but it wasn't that bad. But coming out with such idea is simply interesting.
And at night just when everyone started to clean up, few of my team members (not all) called and invited me to join them to bizad club room to play some cards which I rejected at first but later on agreed to follow. However since we waited so long for the bus and since we had promised to meet the rest of the group members for supper, I suggested that we just play at the hall while waiting for them. So we did.
Few pingpong games past and the rest were down already, ready to go for supper at fongseng until we saw the supper at Raffles. We tried to see the menu and then I saw the uncle from Sheares hall, so I was like "forget fongseng, let's supper here!! yay!!"
My plan was to go back straightaway after supper but one or few of my group members were still high and were planning to stay up all night and were trying to hold me back from going back home! So after another few pingpong games, and two pool rounds, I decided that I was tired and insisted politely that I should go back instead. It was already 2 in the morning where there were no more buses, which is a very strong point in their persuasion in order for me to stay there, but I just walked back after convincing them.
Spent 30 minutes from Raffles hall back to my room on foot, by my own. I took the long way (RH --> SRC --> Science --> NUH --> AYE --> PGP) on the basis that the path home would be brighter and feel safer. I tried walking back alone from the back of the Central library after past 1am in year 1 and it wasn't really recommendable because it was kinda scary and the road was almost not visible due to the darkness. So I chose the long path and took around 30 minutes hahaha. But from this, I would feedback to the project director that OGLs should just stay in the same place with their OGs if they want to promote the intercation. Saving budget by asking us to stay at our own residences (halls) should be applied to OGLs..
On the next morning, I had breakfast with my group, went back to thinklab for competition but I was just there doing random stuffs because committee is not supposed to participate in the competition. tsk.. But It felt so good when I knew that the one who won the top prize i.e. a laptop from LG is from my group. He must be super excited although he's just cool and without any over-expression on his appearance. The camp ended and I shook almost all of my group members' hand, except for those who were absent for the competition, and thanked them for being such a great group.
Cyberia was then over and I feel kinda relieved.
but guess it doesn't apply to anyone.
Only after playing dota and talking to few members who were not OGLs, that I realized that there still some tensions (? yeah, i think the situation is not that relieving after all) among some people of the committee. I guess the thank you email were not properly written to contain the right purpose of the email or maybe it was intended that way. What I understand is that although the camp is over, few members of the committee weren't feel much appreciated for the hard work that they had done which caused to insatisfaction. Or maybe, it was because of the miscommunication which happened among the committee which I was not aware of.
But yeah, what's done is done and we'd just take note of the learning points and if there were indeed any tension or miscommunication, let's just take it professionally. What happens at work (cyberia preparation and the actual thing itself) won't be taken in personal accounts.
It's OVER man it's over.. let's give a round of applause to ourselves Cyberia comms
*clap* *clap* *clap*
3 comments:
clap clap clap... it's over!! pheww
*plok plok plok
...but still..*waving mid-finger at winong*
lol.. thanks evryoneeee.. =p
Post a Comment