Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

one dollar

One day I was going back from an interview, I just passed through tanjong pagar MRT entrance and saw an uncle sitting sitting on the side of the walkway, selling tissue paper as a form of begging since plain begging in Singapore is prohibited, exchanging something for money is not.
I was going to just walk away from him, but I felt just suddenly felt so compelled after he asked me to buy from him.

"It's one dollar, won't you help me boy?" or something like that

I slided my hand inside my pocket and found the normal thick brass coin. So in an exchange for 3 packets of tissue, I gave him a dollar. I normally don't do this especially to those people selling tissues as a form of begging. This time I did.

"Thank you boy! I bet something good will happened to you! Thank you!" He tried to express that he couldn't be grateful enough, or he was probably just over-reacting or acting, I am not sure. But his expression made the rest of my day. If only of every dollar I have I can get the same happiness...

Not that I will spend my dollar on tissues more often after this though, no....

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.