Again, the disclaimer is at the end of the post.
I apologize again to readers if the previous post has made you disappointed because It's indeed the other side of me that some have not seen, but that's just the way it is; that's just the way I am.
So, I just want to borrow some excuse for myself to show some exceptions for my bad side.
Exceptions for foul language a.b.d (quoted from PF2103 Measurement taking off languages, meaning: as before described) and its usage for daily life
1. These foul languages would not be used on:
+++ People more senior than me such as parents, uncles, aunties, older cousins, etc. etc.
+++ Females
+++ Children, under age society
+++ Strangers
2. These foul languages is normally used:
+++ as expressions for irritations
+++ as a not funny joke
+++ as magic words to increase spirit, will and energy for example during sports when I'm super tired
+++ as some indication to my friends that It's the normal William
+++ or maybe like after going through near death experience (maybe not yet until now except for that 40 deg centigrade fever, hospitalized for few days. Oh, what? not considered as near death experience? People die at what degree? 42-43? Ah nevermind, lol). To show that I'm still alive, I'll speak some foul words, just like in movies.. hahahahahah
3. If the condition is super irritating and If I have lost control of myself, point #1 i.e. the exceptions for the foul language targets is ignored.
Someday, If I don't mind myself, I know I'm gonna get into troubles.
Hopefully I won't.
and Hopefully for those of you who haven't, have seen the 'foul' side of William.
Actually I think it's still not that bad, it's only as far as bad words. I have never made any bloodshed or cause people to lose his/her/their lives or vice versa.
But Hopefully those things are not gonna happen and let's continue living in this peaceful lifestyle.
Disclaimer: The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, I, as the owner of this web log and writer of this post, truly apologize.
14 comments:
wew.
personally.. if I let occupancy of such words take place, somehow they would be some of the most frequently repeated in my mind. they're especially most not-helpful when I have to deal with lousy situations - perhaps due to the nature of the 'bad' in them - 'cause they seem to exemplify how crappy things are.
since you've been on this since 12... why not try ban yourself from it for 1-2months n see how things go? XD
I suppose this and the previous post are the constructive review for all your modules taken this semester. How come they became a piece of "art work" in the end...
To me, speaking/ writing/ expressing yourself in foul words is also a kind of art, just like sketching and painting. But don't do it too often lar, because not many people know how to appreciate your piece of art work. Hehe.
I started learning this language of art since primary school as well. Not surprisingly, it's because my family and relatives spoke in that way, not in hokkien though, but in hakka and cantonese.
I somehow "despise/ discriminate" those who don't know even a word of this artistic language because living in this world human cannot be too "naive/ innocent" lar... Knowing another language isn't a bad thing. But NOT knowing the suitable time to express it, NOT knowing the correct way/tone to express it, or NOT knowing the correct target to speak it to, is really a BAD THING! Haha.
Well, I think I shall start learning it in hokkien. You teach me lar. =P
For me every human has their patience line, and once others has treated that particular human so badly and that the line has been crossed, then It's like activating the trigger. So that's when the bullet comes out.. And the bullet so far until now is just in form of words..
I have not had any bad influences from my bad family or relatives and they are quite 'peaceful' people. I have never spoken any bit of bad language even though I'm in very shitty situation because They are the people worth respecting.
So, let's see from the point respect. Once I lost respect on this someone, that's it: Either I stop talking with her or I speak bad words to indicate to them that I am very very very annoyed.
@Instrumentalist, good suggestion, in fact if you realize I have rarely spoken out any bad words nowadays. I rather choose to be silent and say the bad words behind those people. May seem coward but that's the best solution for me because speaking out bad words, though when no one is around, is like letting go of your stress. Just like when you start to hit your pillow or harder objects like mirrors or tables. haha.
Keeping everything inside just give you more frustation.
well, yeah, it's true that all those are just a way to express yourself and your feelings lar, but then we need to know as well that not everyone can perceive things as we do. just be aware deh dut! n a change is always good, hehe (ofcoz only change to be better)...
Just a thought, If those words exist in the dictionary.. are they still foul words? do they really need to say this is a foul word man.. hm.. guess just that some of the people in the world might not like to listen to those words that name them as foul words.
If it is foul words, why I often hear from others? May be because they would like to express out they anger in words and name those kind of words as foul words? Well, seems psychologically when people halt u from doing something and you did it, you will have some kind of excitement and that's why those 'forbidden' words exist; so that you will feel better after expressing it. Word is a word and if they say Fuck as a foul word, why don't they put others as too? Damn it used to be foul word, but what about now??
Why should we group those words as foul words where it can be found anywhere? Think about it, if they say is foul words, then why will it exist at the first place?
Haha.. I hope is not the native speaker that got angry and fired the word Fuck off and have been recorded down.. LOL
as expected from CTW student who has different ways to look at things..
muhahahahahaaha..
OOT:
Man....teddy's pic rocks a big time! his expression n style are simply priceless ^^
ctw's mood: Let us analyze more.
It's not only about the profane nature of word FUCK. Some people says "fuck this", "fuck that", as a habit only. They spit it out all the time, yet they never mean it deep down inside their heart. It is, however, difficult to identify a person's intention through their use of language. Like the proverb: (translated from indonesian) The depth of ocean can be measured, the depth of heart,who knows?. So, don't start using foul languages if you don't want other to associate you as a 'paikia'.
Others cursed FUCK like they really want to fuck you. Full of expressions and anger up to their eyes. These people, I despise the most. Some, they try to look nicer by replacing it with words with milder effect but still refering to the same foul word (FUKING or EFFING).
It all comes back to you as a person. If you are good, you won't usually use these foul languages. If you say it just to impress others only, be careful not to start getting it into your habit. If you really mean it when you say FUCK, then you need to stop,man..
Ted, then y it exist in the 1st place and how people define that those words are foul? Why don't these say bad is a foul word too? LOL
never ever say FUCK if you mean it... say make MAKE LOVE can already... anyways, so according to ted's argument, meaning i have to start to use foul languages?
"So, don't start using foul languages if you don't want other to associate you as a 'paikia'."
Ok, to my argument. Such vulgar languages exists as the difference in people interest. Some people, do not mind using such but some others mind. So, such difference materialize in the labelling those words as vulgarities.
Why does such word existed at the first place? Well, it is just a kind of deviation from actual meaning, same as the deviation of the word 'gg'. Lets take FUCK as an example. What does FUCK mean? Check the etymology here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck and if you notice, none of the early reference showing us that FUCK is meant to be an insult. I mean come on... since when you insult someone by screaming COPULATE YOU!
As to moving on to my next point. Why does such word become 'bad'? Thats just how people misuse it... It is kind of simple association. Early usage of FUCK for example, is closely associated with anger. As such, the word has been implanted to people minds as the word to be said when you want to release anger.
So, my points in point form:
1. vulgarities exist as deviation of original meaning
2. deviation comes from association of words
3. people take this deviation differently
this comment up here is enhanced with research, great job.. So what mike is trying to say is, the expressions of bad words are actually expressions of anger and people tends to see that kind of expression as rude, due to the 'deviation' of the meaning?
So is it actually wrong for people to judge that in deviated manner or because we are not what we say, but we are what people say we are, in this fucked-up society (I'm trying to say screwed-up, but fucked-up give better feeling for me though it sounds rude or rather 'deviated'), we have to adjust ourselves to the society as a means of courtesy, instead of people starts to accept these expressions as just 'an expression for anger'?
@mike
being called pai kia is cool sia. Ah beng cooler tho.
I am a Paikia... Wa lang si pai kia pa buay to ah! But no worry, a lot of us would be Ah Beng 2 years from now.
Hi, I am Mr. Kristiono, B.Eng hahahaa....
Post a Comment