Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Room Shifting and credits

Every summer holiday on every academic year here in NUS, residents from particular blocks of PGP should shift to some other blocks within PGP for vacation stay. Less lucky residents would have to shift and those with more luck would get to stay at their own room, meaning they won't get to shift their stuffs to other rooms for vacation stay.

While me, I'm one of the less lucky residents. Although I'm a Resident Assistant and I get to have free and guaranteed stay: including vacation stay, this year, same as last year, I'd have to shift from R6, the residence I was/will be staying at, to R4. R4 is actually the assigned vacation stay residence for us RAs for this year. So, those RAs from other residences that need to shift would be placed in R4.
The problem with R4 is that it's so far away from R6, at least a soccer field far (ard 100m or more), and you have to travel the distance to shift your stuff..
What's worse? It's just a vacation stay room. Near the end of the vacation I have to shift back again to R6 (-. -")

I wanted to shift as soon as possible so I can have more time to relax later, so from like 9 days ago, I've been bugging the check out office at residence 2 lounge to take my key for my vacation stay room but it wasn't there and I went there everyday till 6 days ago. The officer there, whose in charge of giving rooms offered me to change my room because the key wasn't there yet. My original vacation stay room was at block 18 3rd level room A and now it's changed to block 18 7th level room A. Not bad, I have great view from my room, and I'm in the same cluster with Thomas, since he's an RA too, another 2 Indons of my acquaintances, and 1 other RA friends. Perhaps more RAs will come after 6th of June (It's the date of appointment for the new RAs).

Shifting.. Was TERRIBLE!! Same as last year. I had to spend 8 TRIPS from my semester stay room to my vacation stay room and the blocks aren't really within vicinity of each other. It's almost like from one end to the other end. Imagine normally people from R6 will be shifted to R1 which is nearer and people from R5 will be shifted to R4 which is also nearer to R5. But from R6 to R4 is just terrible.. And 8 trips? It's not only that my stuffs are abundant, but also some of my friends requested to put their stuff at my place! And they had left even before I shifted my stuff..
And they will only go back after I've shifted back again to R6. What a trouble.. Guys, please be more considerate. You all know that it's very hard for me to reject requests.. So please be more considerate okay?

23rd of May = Thomas' B'day.. Dusk we celebrated his b'day, afternoon till evening I shifted my stuff.
I did my first trip by myself.
Credits for Mike JK who have helped me with the 2nd and 3rd trip and only after 3 trips, we stopped for the day. And in return I also helped a bit in his shifting during that day as well.
Credits for Thomas who have helped me with the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th trip. Spent like almost the whole day only for shifting things.
Credits for Sumitro and Edwin who joined the struggle at the 6th and 7th trip.
8th trip was done by myself..

Tough tough.. Only few weeks left when I have to shift back again.
After like the 7th trip I mentioned, since Sumitro and Edwin were there already, I thought that it would be good to 'utilize' the reinforcement. So I asked them to help Thomas also because we got our keys on the same day but I started off first since the trolley was mine. After those tiring trips, We were decided to help Thomas.
His stuffs were not only a few but lots of people have put stuff in his room. They were really really inconsiderately a lot!!.. That the basis of me wanting to utilize properly the reinforcements and luckily he was in R5, so R4 is like only 20-30m away..

Well, so now stuffs are shifted.. GG GG.. Only few weeks before we have to shift back again to our origins (-. -")

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.