Pages

Friday, April 02, 2010

April Fools' day

Was yesterday.

Just few minutes after yesterday started I joined TEDDY in changing my birthday on facebook to that day: 1st of April.
It was meant to be a prank and at the same time, I was hoping her, yes... her, to wish me a Happy Birthday so that I could tell her that it was a joke and probably this could be a bit of ice wall breaker. Oh well, maybe just one brick out of a tall and wide wall, but one brick means a lot to me.
Of course she didn't.
I mean who am I to hope, I hardly talk to her, I don't even greet her (maybe because she never greeted me either), although I can be considered as an acquaintance. At least I know her, and probably if you ask her, she MIGHT know who I am.
Well, it's okay :)

But without thinking of the consequences, in the end, it managed to fool 50-60 people (those who really wished me happy birthday on facebook) and Thomas said Mandy was gonna buy a cake for me before he told her that it's actually an April Fools' joke.
During that time, I just realized that fooling people, especially those with great amount of sincerity, might be pretty wrong. If Thomas wasn't telling Mandy, I can't imagine how guilty I will feel if she really did plan for a birthday surprise.
And all those 50-60 sincere wishes (i never counted those who joined the act, those who knew I was playing a trick), I felt the need to respond to everyone of them or otherwise I will be filled with remorse.

See, some people think it's okay: If they are your real friends, they would know your real birthday.
HELL NO! I don't agree! Thank you all for memorizing my birthday if you do but...
I'm sorry guys, I don't memorize any of your birthdays~~!! Really!! Although I would know that you belong to this and that group of Zodiac because somehow I just remember them, for exact birthdays, I won't bother to memorize. I don't even memorize my father's and mother's Birthdays, or Anniversary or whatever, though I will know if it is approaching.
So, I don't care whether my Birthday is memorized or not, and since facebook or friendster eliminated the need to do so, I would trust that the dates that you put up is correct, and therefore, having thought that this is what they may think as well, I felt the guilt because of the faked birthday I put up, albeit the fact that it was April Fools' yesterday.

But this made me think that:
yes, maybe I should start that little extra effort that will mean more to those that have sincerely remembered my birthday: Organizer Calendar.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.