Pages

Friday, April 09, 2010

Ignorant William

All this life, I have wasted on being indifferent.
But as they say: ignorance is bliss and my believe is that, why go through all the trouble to participate in discussion, arguments, debates when you can just live away your life blissfully?

I just read a long post on facebook,
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=331261178826&id=605387253&ref=mf
(there, open up if you are curious), there might be a lot of other more comprehensive sources, debates in greater tensions and pressure regarding this topic: religion and atheism.

I would not say that I am a person with faith, nor I bother to go and find out all the evidences about a certain faith or against a certain faith and that is how indifferent I am.

According to Prof. Wiki,  I might be able to classify myself under this:
Weak agnosticism (also called "soft," "open," "empirical," or "temporal agnosticism") the view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable, therefore one will withhold judgment until/if any evidence is available. A weak agnostic would say, "I don't know whether any deities exist or not, but maybe one day when there is evidence we can find something out."
 
Convenient eh?
 
this is my fave comment from that link:
"ive read the bible, the koran, the hindu scriptures, my own holy book and they all come to pretty much the same message - be nice and do nice things
is that really so hard? do u need an entire ideology to tell you that?"
 
 
Yeap, I gotta say getting under the consideration of how all these things, the fact that people are debating over this and that, The fact that they are trying to prove one another wrong because they believe in what they believe, The fact that there are these faith that people hold and there are no faith that the others take as faith, all these uncertainties, let's just enjoy our lives and get the best out of them.
 
Hmmm this blog might have been viewed by people not from the in-group, and anyways I shall not be hideous about this site very soon.

Behold the viewer of this blogth, If thy hateth me for this blogth and thought (lol, it ends in ht, not th) , I shalt warn thy that I shalt be nonchalant, becuz I dun care

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe it is because life went easy on you so far so that there hasn't been any need for you to exercise strong faith yet..

William said...

Thanks for your comment though, I'd appreciate it if you have put your full name here, considering I don't publicize this blog to outside ppl.

The assumption that you've put on me make you sound like life have not been easy on you. I would sympathize with that if my guess is true.
However I don't feel that life didn't go as easy for me either, (or even if it did), I am not the type to exercise that strong faith.

I do have faith and that is not to rely on any particular faith or deities but yourself when life is not easy on you. Which is why I don't exercise strong faith.

This article has given me something to reflect on. Probably because since I was young, there was no exposure on faith of great amount, causing it not to be instilled on me. And the faith that we were taught is that belief: self-reliance.

I'm not imposing or won't impose on anyone which faith is the true one since everybody else is also just relying on either the unquestioning faith or the always skepticism faith.

at least now I am more aware that different faiths are view differently, some of the examples: "irrational" (quoted by the faith holder commenting on his own faith), "absolute rules" (unquestioning, needs no proving), "logic" (skepticism, scientific), "philosophy", etc.

I will still choose to be indifferent though.

Anonymous said...

what if at one point in the future, your self-reliance is no longer enough? what would you do?

William said...

I understand your opinion, that you are implying: in relation to that premonition, the only thing that we can do is to hold to our faith.

The no-faith that I hold, I can understand that it might not be acceptable. However, I hold onto no faith because I was taught of this faith: whatever condition we are in right now, is by no means a consequence of His desire. Whatever condition that we are in right now, it's just a fruit from the our previous actions that we sowed.

That is basically the essence of Karma, and this is what I referred to as philosophical. Again quoting from the article, the one line that the author mentioned "Do not do unto others what you do not wish to be done unto yourself" by Confucius basically implies the same message with the understanding of Karma, i.e. as simple as just do nice things in your life! Even though, if in sometime in the future later it is proven that Karma doesn't exist, the main intention of that teaching is that.

I interpreted that that the it doesn't matter actually whether He exists or not, if it's my life, whatever deep-shit bad situation I am in, it's not His desire but instead, it's a cause and effect of my deeds. If you want to talk about unquestioning faith, my unquestioning part would be on how Karma works. I shall assume yours is the

So back again to my point, so being indifferent is to whether or not He exists. Since with that belief, the one who can change my life no matter what condition is myself. I personally can't answer to the point of what should be done when self reliance is insufficient: But I do understand that this is what basically determines how strong a person is. If self reliance is insufficient, I will rely on tangible things: family, relatives, friends, mentors, etc.

It seems a bit far-fetched for me to rely on Him and probably it seems far-fetched for you not to rely on Him. But I don't want to create argument or debate out of this, and I also believe in the freedom of having different thoughts and beliefs, I will just say I respect your faith although it is not of the same context with mine.

William said...

and yes, my answer was given based on that assumption. Please tell me if that assumption is incorrect.

Anonymous said...

if Karma did exist, we can be assured that life would be fair cause the wheel of samsara will keep on rotating in balance. However, as we all know, the world is far from being fair. And if Karma do exist, there wont be an absolute good nor absolute evil, cause even Satan can become less evil by doing good deeds.

William said...

haha, that's because we believe in previous lives may affect our current lives. (yes I believe in multiple cycles of life) and we do our portions at the present for our future in this life or the next lives. How it works? I'm not sure: that's why it is the "unquestioning faith" since I just believe it works, without any proof, just like how you think reliance to Him is what we should instead too. based on nothing else but faith

Yah, why not, we also believe that of different realms exist, and the representation of Satan means different being in your belief and mine.

Jessie Lim said...

Haha, I'm amused by Anonymous here.

I'll just say u're just not culturally sensitive enough if u're trying to enforce your beliefs on faith, karma, satan or what not with your own forms of reasonings to another party. I dont put down any forms of religion. and neither do i believed in any too.

religion by itself became such a tough topic to discuss due to people who only insists their faiths are the one and only supreme one. phew..

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.