I was just going asleep, at about 1am or 1.30am where I decided to clean R6's water container which was kept inside my room. Two South Asian guys, my cluster mate, one Srilangkan from Medicine and one north Indian from Mechanical Engineering.
Somehow I got into their conversation. So they were talking about Hindi movies, yeah, Bollywood and the dark ages of Bollywood which they told me where it was around the eighties to the late nineties. Where you've got that image of a couple chasing each other in a grass field or a hill and move around the trees and sing, dance and fall in love.
They were making fun of the Bollywood also despite the fact that Bollywood had been one of the great aspects of their entertainment life. But that's the way the movies were: ridiculous, and no one could agree more.
But they did mention though, that they actually have couples of good movies.
Then they started mentioning about Hindi TV series which they say is more crappy than Hindi movies!!
Then after that was on to Indian festive events and how Indian the Srilangkan was, because the Srilangkan was so much on to Bollywood, Indian general knowledge, Indian geographical knowledge, and about his indian accent of English and him gathering around Indians in NUS.
Then they were to relate the Indian festive events to the Hindi movies again.
I can't remember the sequence, but probably this is how I got into their conversation: they mentioned about religion - which is of course as always, the most interesting issues to touch on - and apparently the Indian's a Hindu and the Srilangkan's a Buddhist.
Somehow the conversation became lengthy and the topic moved on to their romance lifes. These people were sharing the best times of their life, and talking about their relationships and I was more of a listener. They were talking so in a very fast pace and so eagerly about that topic!
The Indian in the conversation and in personality, has always been the opposite of the Srilangkan, but they were chatting so lively and all till I couldn't stop paying attention!
The Indian, is a person who goes into flings/brief relationships, enjoying his time of his life before getting having to get serious, in fact he is afraid of serious relationship - as he described.
While the Srilangkan, won't go into any relationship unless he's really serious about the girl and considered all things, like whether he will hurt anyone in the relationships he's gonna into.
A typical pair with different ends and again, the Indian is called as "open" and the Srilangkan was "so Indian" according to the Indian.
But either way, they were discussing about their relationship, a thing that I have never had, and this is why I was mostly a listener.
Well, the chat went as far as their date experiences, What did they do, how did they fall in love and how did they got into their relationships and how they ended them.
Yeah, so we stopped chatting, when we realized that it was already 5am.. 4 and a half hour chatting with two guys I don't talk to so often. And so glad I was in their conversation..
The thing is it just shows how boring that my life has been and deep down me is mocking myself for being so dead. "Hey William, go date some girl and get a life will ya? See how embarrasing it is to have never been in a relationship before?"
Is it about culture or about courage? Hmm, I won't share story about love right now but I did got close with one or two angels but, "being close" was as far as I've ever gotten till this period of life;
My life is so dry.... and I think it's not getting anywhere..
2 comments:
yeah..get a life..
i've got one date waiting for me after the exams..haha..
wew...
Post a Comment