Well just attended the NUSSU Appreciation dinner on Saturday. I went with the Indon group but apparently most was registered under NUSSU FOCC Matric Fair while I was rejected to be in the committee last time.
However, somehow after more than half a year upon quitting NUSSU Bizcom's pioneering position = da IT manager, I'm back to be another tiny part of NUSSU, now under the Publicity sub-comm in CBLC. Seriously nothing to brag about actually.
So since I'm in CBLC and CBLC had around 30sth seat and only a bit more than half were filled during the appreciation dinner, I attended the dinner under this Comm, NUSSU CBLC.
Thanks to my quitting, I don't really enjoy the atmosphere that night itself. Most of your gang are in Matric Fair Comm and they didn't have anymore vacancy for me to crash in. Those who were from CBLC are either the management committees, the upper people whom I don't really know well.
Well, luckily "the Bean", from previous Matric Fair committee I was in, met me and then we sat together. Few more friends like dank and june and windy came late and then I felt a bit better.
I was like in isolation.
Too bad, I know every actions that I commit comes with consequences.
It was indeed my decision to take my hands off NUSSU Bizcom and focus on my RA. After all, RA's been my aspiration and inspiration since I first came to PGP and was helped by bunch of friendly people. I'm glad that I have managed to become and still am one of those bunch of people now (maybe not pretty much the friendly part).
Now on the consequences? Very easily understood:
Bad reputation.
I wouldn't be surprised if my name has been notorious in the NUSSU community, the position I took was new but yet I left before even serving half of the term.
It was a mistake to take the position in the first place. Though teddy and mikejk were there, in the main comm too, I don't really feel I belong to that committee.. No particular disliking of any person, but it's just that I think it's silly to have weekly meeting when It didn't even concern my job at all. And it was the same thing for the other project that committee had. So a meeting for internal stuff, and a meeting for the project = 2 meetings every week just for that particular committee.
Additional 6 modules? Hectic RA job during the start of the semester? PINUS Exco? PM Law I + Professional Communications?
No no... I'm going to keep my sanity.
Since I've felt that I don't belong there and It was near crazy to be hectic like that, I decided to quit NUSSU Bizcom.
Same semester.
That was when I'm the vice publicity manager at PINUS Exco. I wasn't feeling that great to contribute to the society since the job scope wasn't clearly defined. Instead what was going on was people trying to convince their logic to other committee members just to make a decision.
Spending the 7hrs just for one meeting? And no solid decisions was made?
Ah, it was getting on my nerve. I was in no position to give comments since I was a low rank member.
Meeting had no meanings other than wasting my time. I might as well just do the job as designer rather than a vice pub manager. I can just wait for email and do designs and contribute that way. I decided to skip meetings and at last I was MIA (Missing in Action - For those who don't know) as well after around 1 semester. My publicity manager also didn't pretty much give me anything to do, but it's not that I asked her to give me anything to do either.
Well, even though they don't say so, I didn't see myself as PINUS Exco anymore.
The same not really nice atmosphere is always there every time I see the Exco members who were my higher-ups: like the Chair and Vice Chair for example.
yeah, so too bad for me.
I won't have a very good reputation in terms of organizations and working with people especially within NUSSU and PINUS Community. But I don't really care anymore since It's kinda not a good thing to dwell in the past. Instead of "dwelling in", it's supposed to be "learning from".
I'm not saying that I'm gonna learn about how to work with people you don't like, or a workplace that you don't belong to; What I mean is I'm gonna be careful in choosing my CCAs, and be sure to unnecessarily leave my name notorious again.
2 comments:
tenang nonk..at least we all know,loe tuh tipe2 pekerja..ga tinggi2 banget,but msh layak hidup lah..wakakak..
Drpd jadi tukang bacot..byk org2 atas yg lebih byk bacot drpd kerja..keliatan kok,drpd cara mereka meeting atau ngepost di milis..wakakak
It's okay William, you can find home in CBLC. =) CBLC welcomes William~!
Post a Comment