Pages

Friday, June 06, 2008

Courtesy

Some people just never know how to communicate with people properly.
One of my Vietnamese friend, a skinny guy, a junior of mine in PFM, once talked to me when I going to play basketball.
"Hello William".. after that we chat a while
and here is the part that pisses me off. "I think you are getting fat already. You'd better go for diet"
WHAT THE FUCK!!?? I know his intention is good but being awfully frank and impolite is unacceptable. Those "more educated" friends of mine would say "Hey William, did you put on weight?" and they also never say anything about dieting, well except for some Indons friends and I'd take that as a joke. But from someone whose name I don't even know till now..
Man, to be or not to be fat is my choice, don't be ke poh chiang(busy body or how do say it haha)

Another ke poh junior of me. When I msn, I'll use Dammmmm as a replacement of Damn (Damn it) because it's easier to type and I can spam the letter "M".. One Ke poh junior again, if i'm not mistaken she/he is also a Vietnamese, when we chat for fun and I wrote Damm, he/she tried to correct my mistake "Hey William, it's not Damm, it's Damn. N not M"
Oh Oh, Am I so stupid that I don't know this simple words Damn ends with N?
Is she/he trying to be my English teacher now?
Mind your own English first ok? You don't even talk that well.
Most of my vietnamese friends who speak English very well, they act very graciously and I can't be happier to know such people. I think those people are fast learner that not only the pick up English and speak proper English, they also have the courtesy and humbleness. They should the role model of the other kepoh peers of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense dude, but ha ha ha from me :P

bee said...

I just realize you observe and care little small things in life. Well next time when I talk to you I must be extremely careful. Cause for me I always 得罪人多,称呼人少.

Sometimes, for some non-english-educated people like me, we really don't understand the suitable conversation terms to use due to lack of practice in English and poor vocab. Please don't blame. But I can speak very politely in Mandarin. =)

The Lame One said...

oi.. i think not the vocab larh... its more abt learning the culture... maybe in viet it is polite enuf to say someone is fat?

(well, you can see from the way i wrote my comment above, i am non-english-educated person too)

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.