Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

17 August - 17 Agustus

It's always good to bring up the nationalism spirit.
So yeah,
Well, I still hear some Indonesians from the freshmen community, they despise the country saying that it's corrupt, not a good place to live in, etc.
Though I can't deny the fact either, but at least they I realize that only freshmen do that nowadays because the more we stay outside Indo, the more we realize how much we have loved Indo despite those facts and complaining won't show anything.

Yesterday, we had some Indonesia Independence day celebration with the Indonesian Society in NUS and, it was a fun experience though I was a bit humiliated there by forfeited to do something funny. hahahaha.. But again it was damn fun and I feel like so much more Indonesian again after singing with them some Indonesian national songs + the national anthem which had the greatest effect on rocking you to the core.

But to be frank, I'm disappointed from this year's freshmen from Medan, my hometown, not all of them but some. Seems like a lot of other people who don't really like them because they come in a gang, speaking hokkian (the chinese dialect we speak in our hometown) all the time and indirectly showing unwillingness to blend in with other Indonesians. When they gather with other Indonesians, they keep talking in hokkian, while majority doesn't know the language since it's only special to our hometown. Well, at least they could have shown some respect and use Bahasa and try to mingle with the people who are not from the same hometown speaking the not same mother tongue but united with the official national language, Bahasa Indonesia itself.
Moreover, they were absent for yesterday's celebration.

But It's okay.. I as time goes on, we will learn more and more.. If we, Indonesians don't appreciate our own mother country, what kind of children are we?

Happy Birthday mother Indonesia - Independence day - 17 August 1945 till now and ever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

suddenly I missed those days....when I went to TecnoEdge to have a lunch with DANNISH, THOMAS, and WINONG. Usually I am a noisy guy among my close friends...but that time I was rather...shy...I wonder why..?

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.