Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Love v.s. Desire?

Gah... long time since we've acted like high school days, talking ばか(baka = stupid)-ly about love with or without any prior experience.
See.. lotsa people have been expressing: Love doesn't need a reason.

Somehow, towards the more realistic path that my thought goes, the more I think that is just a silly expression. At least theoretically, we can say love grows, meaning it is cultivated and it's not there because of no reason.
And based on these thoughts, I am more and more sure that I have been in love in the wrong way.

If you say, "I love her because she looks good", the expression therefore, is another silly thing.
All this time, I've been telling everyone: "Whenever I'm looking for someone to love, I just know, somehow which one that I want. Yeah, that's the girl"
What I mean is like whenever I see someone that I say "Yeah, that's the one", Like one out of a million, that's the one, that means, I know that she shall be the only one loved by me.

But the reason of this post is, I just found out that my statement is selfish. The statement sounds like choosing my food to eat. "Yeah, that's the one! I want grilled fish with mashed potato and pasta salad" and it's out of so many menu. And this, is just the desire to eat.

It's like the persons that I say "Yeah, that's the girl" or has been known all along as Angels.
Is it only desire that I have in order to feed my mind with satisfaction? Like the thirst for loving and being loved back?

What the hell have I been thinking about? What have I been doing? Loving someone even though I have never talked to that someone like for so long?
Even though I don't even know no nuts about that someone?
I just love that someone just because somehow my senses tell me "Yeah william, that's the girl you like!"...?
Geez..

But then again, why, if it's only desire, why does it have to be only her?
Why does the desire hurt you so much when you know that your desire are never to be realized?
Why is the desire so strong that it just won't change no matter how hard you try to forget the desire?
"Yes William, you know you love her"
"No William, you know you are just thirsty, anyone could have quenched it, it's just that you like that drink the most"

Either way I still... can't just get rid of it.. love or desire, whatever I call it.

3 comments:

The Lame One said...

I'd rather call it love vs infatuation though... But yeah, there are fundamental difference between those two.

instrumentaList said...

the world is confusing. all those... misleading signboards - whatever.

Anonymous said...

hey charlie..

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.