Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics Opening Ceremony

Again, a late post..
Geez.. nowadays, so busy, posting blogs also late, submit report also late, everything late, blah blah blah..

I wasn't expecting much about this time's Olympics. So I was having my drinks at Foodgle where I met bunch of freshees and Sum. They talked about Olympics and they wanted to watch it so badly so I brought the freshees to the nearest TV room: Residence 5.

When we reached there, I'm surprised by the crowd surrounding that not-so-big flat screen TV. Most of them are PRCs and there were also some Malaysians. So I tried to watch a bit out of curiosity after I was already at the TV room itself. Gosh!
Amazing! It was just the starting and a lot of people were there already. And the ceremony is spectacular. Dancers, performances, etc etc etc. Yeah, real awesome till I couldn't get my eyes off the screen until the PRCs all stood up when the PRC National Anthem was sung.

When there was commercial break, I rushed back to my room and called my dad while I was on my way. Well, not to my surprise, he's watching it too but I was just making sure that he must not miss this event because he likes this kind of stuffs so much. When I reached R6 basement towards my room, I took a glance and as expected R6 TV room was also full. I also realized that before I got my drink at Foodgle, R4 TV room had a lot of residents inside there as well.
Back in my room, I opened nuscast to watch the streaming version of Channel 5 on my PC. So yeah..

REALLY REALLY GOOD...

The only boring part was when they called the 100sth teams representing their own nations which took around 1-2hours.

After that, the peak of the event: Lighting up the cauldron: Passing around from the entrance, passed around from previous Olympics Chinese sportsmen until one of the middle-aged ex-sportsman who was listed as one of the best Chinese sportsmen and he was the last person to be passed and to light up the cauldron but something seemed missing.
Yes: The Cauldron itself.
When the torch was passed to him, he suddenly levitated and all the crowds were just cheering and cheering as loud as possible in an amazed state. He began to do "airwalking" (basically he was pulled and was moving his leg as if he's walking in the air) and the crane carrying him was moving around the innerside of the roof while there is a projected image of an end of a scroll moving in front of him as he moved until that end of the scroll has made a round.
(The scroll was representing one of the greatest chinese invention: paper) And the guy stopped and lit up something like a rope. The fire moved round and round and reached the Cauldron resembling an end of a scroll. The fire reached the top and flamed gloriously.

Then all of there were clusters of firework displays which brighten up the area around the stadium. Bang bang bang and that's the end of the opening ceremony.

The opening, I should say is super super super fantastic in overall.. Luckily I didn't miss out much..

No comments:

Disclaimer

The entire content of this blog including the title is not meant to contain any harm, or offense from or on anyone. Some foul language has been very harsh, but It is not intended to mean or mention or mock or tease or discriminate or offend, any genders, social status, races or ethnicities, or religions. If you find this blog harsh, or offensive, or inappropriate in any ways, William or William Luimenta as the sole owner of this web-log truly apologize.